Config editor question need some help!!!

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi guys,

i thought i may start delving into the config files for cricket2004 but need help in the following areas...so i thought i would ask the experts who are already doing this sort of stuff.

CPU Pacing ODI - 50 overs
RunRate 0 6
RunRate 1 6
RunRate 2 6
RunRate 3 6
RunRate 4 6
RunRate 5 7
RunRate 6 12

what do these figures do can someone explain them to me? so i know what to change and what the effect will be?

next....

Test Normal
CPU Stroke Selection
CpuBallBatsman 9.0
CpuBallStump 3.0
CpuBallLength 6.0
CpuBatsmanType 22.0
CpuReward 33.0
CpuContactHorz 15.0
CpuContactVert 17.0
CpuRandom 4.5

CpuDifficulty 0.500000
CpuBatsmanType2 0.06

CpuBallsFaced 0.7
CpuTacticsDefend 0.0
CpuBattingMatchType 0.0

CpuRequest 1.7

what do these areas do and what will happen when i change them?

if someone can answer me these or point me to where it has been answered if it is there i cant seem to find anything about it anywhere? :eek:

Thanks,
kymsheba

kymsheba said:
hi guys,

i thought i may start delving into the config files for cricket2004 but need help in the following areas...so i thought i would ask the experts who are already doing this sort of stuff.

RunRate 0 6
RunRate 1 6
RunRate 2 6
RunRate 3 6
RunRate 4 6
RunRate 5 7
RunRate 6 12

what do these figures do can someone explain them to me? so i know what to change and what the effect will be?

next....

Test Normal
CPU Stroke Selection
CpuBallBatsman 9.0
CpuBallStump 3.0
CpuBallLength 6.0
CpuBatsmanType 22.0
CpuReward 33.0
CpuContactHorz 15.0
CpuContactVert 17.0
CpuRandom 4.5

CpuDifficulty 0.500000
CpuBatsmanType2 0.06

CpuBallsFaced 0.7
CpuTacticsDefend 0.0
CpuBattingMatchType 0.0

CpuRequest 1.7

what do these areas do and what will happen when i change them?

if someone can answer me these or point me to where it has been answered if it is there i cant seem to find anything about it anywhere? :eek:

Thanks,
kymsheba

All of that has already been answered in my "Config Editor Help" tutorial which is a document compiled by me but written by Zim and Ravi....here is the file:

Attachments

• Config Editor Info.zip
    4 KB · Views: 14
Hi Gold639,

Many many thanks mate i owe you one for the quick reply....this site is awesome when you have dedicated and wonderfull help from the people on this site willing to answer questions and provide their services and time to make the game better and to help out others. :D

once again thanks Gold639 :hpraise

Cheers,
kymsheba

ps. Have added to your reputation Gold639 :clap

Last edited:
Your welcome mate and I'm always glad to help :D :)

And just call me Gold,,,it sounds odd if anyone calls me gold639.;)

kymsheba said:
RunRate 0 6
RunRate 1 6
RunRate 2 6
RunRate 3 6
RunRate 4 6
RunRate 5 7
RunRate 6 12

Well nobody has answered the above question anywhere.

Hi Tutsipoppy2,

Gold gave me a help file that explains a great deal about config values and their meanings...many thx again to gold for that, as for those values i am sure the many great people on this site including yourself will eventually answer the problem.

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

kymsheba said:
roger will do mate. one last question is it ok to add you to my buddy list?

cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

Lol I dont think you even have to ask for that...ofcourse you can add me to your buddy list!

Yeah Colin they are supposed to be for that but no-one bothers editing them because they dont have any depth.Everyone uses the "StrokeProb" files for pacing.

Hi All,

Gold: no probs mate just thought i better be polite and ask first not sure of protocol here lol better to be safe than offend anyone.

Barmyarmy & Gold: "Barmyarmy: Aren't those the pacing configs dividing the innings into 6 and setting the batsmans aggression."

Could you expand on the figures mentioned below just out of interest please if not too busy.

RunRate 0 6
RunRate 1 6
RunRate 2 6
RunRate 3 6
RunRate 4 6
RunRate 5 7
RunRate 6 12

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

Mate I suggest u use the "Stroke Prob" files for pacing.They have more depth.So it will be more accurate.Also,we do not have much info on those files.

I'm not sure but this could be rpo...
There are approx 6 8 over periods in the game (50 over game in this case) so the first 8 overs will have a RR of 6 and the last one of 12 etc.
It is then followed by the stroke probs: (from the file Gold posted)

StrokeProb 0 1 2
Def 18980
Mod 41896
Agg 12980
Six 8292

"StrokeProb 0 1 2"

"0" = the innings being played. 0 = 1st innings, 1 = 2nd innings

"1" = the progress of the innings. The values go from 0 to 6. I.e there are 7 phases to each innings. 0 = start of the innings, 6 = the end of the innings, with 1-5 being the phases inbetween

"2"= batsman type. 0 = aggressive, 1 = moderate, 2 = defensive

So the example above "StrokeProb 0 1 2, would mean

Cpu is batting 1st, its early in the innings, overs 7-14 approx and its a defensive batsman playing the shot. The values next to Def, Mod, Agg, Six determine the likelihood of what type of shot will be played. In the above example a moderate type stroke file is most likely to be selected.

So setting all StrokeProbs to have high defensive values only would mean cpu bats defensively all the way through the innings etc. The match situation doesn't come into it.

Yeh lol that quote was originally posted by Pat long ago.That quote is present even in my document.

Hi Gold & Barmyarmy,

thanks very much a lot clearer now i appreciate your time and willingness to answer what must be for you two "old easy stuff" but as i am new to this editing thing i just want you to both know much appreciated your quick and informative replies.

I have added to both your reputations for your help. :hpraise

Cheers,
kymsheba (mike)

Users who are viewing this thread