Congrats Big Ant!

manueld12

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very happy for them and the future of cricket games with Big ant at the helm.

Cricket 19 is such a big step up from ashes cricket

Just love it

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes. This game has hit the ball out of the park (pun intended).

I never thought I would play such high degree cricket simulator in my lifetime. I just hope we get some competing high-level Cricket sim from other studios as well. It will only take Cricket sim on a higher level

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Releasing just before the WC started was probably part of the release strategy and I would probably say, has worked. I must say though, there was very little marketing before the game was released. Obviously BA doesn't have the budget that EA does.

Anyway fingers crossed they fix the issues raised (esp those in reviews).

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Releasing just before the WC started was probably part of the release strategy and I would probably say, has worked. I must say though, there was very little marketing before the game was released. Obviously BA doesn't have the budget that EA does.

Yeah, I think the WC has given it a big bump up front. I suspect it will fall away very quickly after this initial burst, but it will get a second bite once the Ashes comes around - it will be practically a relaunch and the game will have moved along leaps and bounds by then. With some ECB/CA support at the other end of summer I think this will have proven an excellent strategy. And without having to spend a lot of marketing money.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Yeah, I think the WC has given it a big bump up front. I suspect it will fall away very quickly after this initial burst, but it will get a second bite once the Ashes comes around - it will be practically a relaunch and the game will have moved along leaps and bounds by then. With some ECB/CA support at the other end of summer I think this will have proven an excellent strategy. And without having to spend a lot of marketing money.

what they should be doing is capitalising on this with the PC market (ie. through steam) but yet nothing...'coming soon'. If it were already available I would have purchased. With the abundance of games coming out in Sept/Oct, they'll do a 'EVERYONE, ITS RELEASED ON STEAM!!!........*crickets* lol

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
what they should be doing is capitalising on this with the PC market (ie. through steam) but yet nothing...'coming soon'. If it were already available I would have purchased. With the abundance of games coming out in Sept/Oct, they'll do a 'EVERYONE, ITS RELEASED ON STEAM!!!........*crickets* lol

I'm sure there is a reason for the staggered release. Similar to their previous releases.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I hope you know, that after DBC 17 there was not supposed to be a PC Version, because of people who played it for 'free' and BA bothering to release it on Steam is fan service more than for actual sales.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I hope you know, that after DBC 17 there was not supposed to be a PC Version, because of people who played it for 'free' and BA bothering to release it on Steam is fan service more than for actual sales.

No I didn't or I wouldn't have made the comment. Thats a shame. Hopefully BA kicks on with good sales from '19.

Reactions: DAP

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Seeing as the beta team are on pc's that seems a bit ridiculous not to release that version.Surely with steam it shouldn't be too hard to stop piracy for the masses.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Seeing as the beta team are on pc's that seems a bit ridiculous not to release that version.Surely with steam it shouldn't be too hard to stop piracy for the masses.
The version we have is not always necessarily the final build. We get different builds all the time. The ridiculous thing is how ridiculous your comment is. It's a test build and with that comes it's own issues.

Reactions: DAP

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, I think the WC has given it a big bump up front. I suspect it will fall away very quickly after this initial burst, but it will get a second bite once the Ashes comes around

FYI I'm always right on these things. BUT. I'll concede that I didn't see the interesting development coming: "Big Bash Boom" has jumped right up the Switch charts in Australia and is now in the top ten...

I'm sure Cricket 19 will bounce back: it will do steady sales throughout the WC and bounce up the charts once the Ashes comes around. Especially if it's on sale at the same time.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Big Ant can't even break even on the PC version. PC is more of goodwill from them seeing the amount of piracy last time.

Users who are viewing this thread