Controller issues

Pathfinder

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Got the game on Saturday and eagerly loaded it up. Had a quick look at the manual, says the game works with gamepad but no button layouts in manual. Get into game and yippee! it recognises my controller (a Play.com PSX-USB Adapter).

This is one up on EA 07 which doesn't unless you change the registry name to a Logitech which in turn messes up other games and in any case results in the analogue sticks moving in opposite directions in EA 07​

However in the game go to options, controller - no joypad configuration possible. Go into tutorials and by trial and error manage to work out that

Batting
Left analogue stick = aiming
Triangle = Attacking Shot
Circle = Lofted shot
Cross = Defensive shot
Left top shoulder = sweep (or reverse sweep) along ground
Right top shoulder = lofted sweep (or reverse sweep)
Before the ball is bowled the above two buttons move the batsmen left and right
After hitting the ball Triangle = Run, Circle = cancel run
Select = go to menu

No button mapped for charge down pitch

Bowling
Left analogue stick = aiming
Triangle = Start run up/Normal ball
Square = slower ball
Cross = goes to left
Circle = goes to right
Left bottom shoulder = Special 1
Right bottom shoulder = Special 2
Before the delivery the four shoulder buttons allow you to cycle through the different field settings​

Fielding
Apart from being virtually impossible to time catches or throws:
Triangle = Catch
Left bottom shoulder = throw to bowler
Right bottom shoulder = throw to wicket keeper.​

Menus
Triangle = select
Circle = back
In the pick team screen I can find no button that allows me to swap a player. Indeed I can't seem to do this with a mouse either!!!!​

Hopefully this might help anyone with the same controller as me and if anyone finds out how to swap players or charge down the pitch with my controller please let me know.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I can swap players using cross (or equivalent of). Like you I also can't play advance shot but apparently using the yorker/bouncer button works for some people.
This is what Codemasters had to say about controllers:

"Brian Lara Cricket 2007 is designed for keyboard and mouse only. You can play the game using a controller, but you would need to create a profile for the game with your controller software to emulate the keyboard controls. Unfortunately we cannot provide assistance with this, as each controller varies and controller support has not been included in the game.

Please consult your controller user manual for more information."

Total joke if you ask me...

Pathfinder

School Cricketer
Thanks for the reply. I've tried those buttons but no joy.

So a game which finally has 360 degree aiming is not designed for gamepads with analogue sticks. :noway

Even EA made an attempt to support some gamepads even if they didn't include mine.

I'm assuming that the XBox and PS2 require the use of a controller so how hard could it be to provide support for PC controllers. Just another example of developers taking the lazy option and not supporting PC games.

I realise that there is a wide range of PC hardware to support but a well developed PC game with a SDK will outlast any console game.
Surely it's worth the effort, isn't it?

Last edited:

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
can you chestnut not please upload our modified bag file please, that way I dint have to edit each individual player faces please. cheers anyways.

Cowburn199

International Coach
The whole gamepad situation is pathetic. I myself am going along fine with the mouse however not doing support for gamepads is just being lazy.

mrman80

Club Cricketer
hey guys,

You could install the relevant profiler software and then map the CTRL keystroke on any of the unmapped button on your controller.

For instance, I am using logitec profiler to map it on my right analogue stick button (Button 12).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread