Copa Peace 2009

Is this what your season comes down to? Competing for a fictional trophy? No wonder Tottenham are there.

Who's having a street party tomorrow then to celebrate the opening of this very important tournament?

Predictions for the tournament too...

This is the big one! The one we've all been waiting for!!

Results so far:
Sevilla 1-2 Juventus
LDU de Quito 3-1 Al Ittihad
Malaga 1-0 Aston Villa
Lyon 1-1 Besiktas

We play tomorrow (day after in my time zone). Looking forward to see Granero play.

Despite the result, I was more than pleased with last night's game. Particularly good was the apparent return to form of Sneijder. Always knew it was only a matter of time, and it looks like we will have one of the best players in the world back to his best by the time the season starts. Ronaldo, is still getting used to the style of game in Spain. But he seems to be combining well with Benzema, which is a great sign.

Defence is still a concern, but then we are without Albiol, Ramos and Casillas. Kaka too has return so things really can only get better.

Cristiano has scored his first goal for us. Might be a penalty, but he won it and he was pretty much on course to score before being brought down.

Things are looking really good in midfield while defence continues to disappoint. That said Metzelder was excellent yesterday.

RMCF through to the semis, where we might face Juve I believe.

Well if you can't win that you're going to struggle in the Champions League aren't you...;)

If we handle set pieces like that then we most certainly will. But then no Casillas, Ramos and Albiol, so we had a pretty much naked defence. Drenthe is really not doing anything to answer his "infinite" critics.

Users who are viewing this thread