Cricket 19 - AI experiences

sanjivcena1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No improvements with AI, they play the game as per their own way and no matter how much we score they will have no intent to chase tht match specially in ODI. Tried numerous attempts with sliders no help. If anybody have some suggestions please give because currently this game AI is hopeless

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
No improvements with AI, they play the game as per their own way and no matter how much we score they will have no intent to chase tht match specially in ODI. Tried numerous attempts with sliders no help. If anybody have some suggestions please give because currently this game AI is hopeless
what version of the game? patched?

ast112

Club Cricketer
Been playing Ashes Series on Hard difficulty, got to say I’ve loved it so far. It feels so rewarding getting wickets the playing and missing and the edges are amazing, but what I like most is when I’m batting I can see/feel the specific plans to each batsman that the AI try, for example with Denly they keep floating it outside off to try get me caught in the slips, but with Roy they go very short, pack the deep leg side, and bowl round the wicket hoping for me to go for it and get me out down there, I think it’s great that they actually have plans to get batsman out rather than bowling the same to everyone

Rhone

International Cricketer
I'm still seeing very very low scores in 3 and 4 day games in career mode. One day and t20 scores seem good but AI collapses for under 150 in both innings of most longer form games. So many ducks and golden ducks.

My batsmen is a number 4 and rarely comes in to bat with more than 20 on the board on medium standard pitches with no cloud cover.

@WealeyH any advice on why this might be? I've tried tinkering with AI sliders but at the moment longer format matches seem to be wicket fests. Maybe as I'm playing early career mode low skilled batsmen are not balanced with low skill bowlers.

Does striker timing slider effect simulated innings or is that just wicket chance slider?

Last edited:

Redfive

School Cricketer
Had a brilliant ODI eng Vs aus. Switch version, pro AI and medium bowling with striker timing 60 and run rate 60.

First ten the Aussies flogged me, couldn't tie them down at all and they were 86-1. Got into a better rhythm, sorted my fields and slowed the run rate. Woakes picked up a few wickets and by the time Moeen nabbed two in two they were about 240-8 after 42 overs or so. Unfortunately for me Smith was still in and in the last few overs he went ballistic. I got a bit sloppy and tried to mix it up too much rather than focussing on the basics and they finished 320 odd for 9.

They played aggressive at the times I'd expect and consolidated in the middle overs when wickets fell. Brilliant stuff.

Am finding it tough to get the AI to hole out in the deep - Wicketkeepers in this game will be on for some records for most catches...

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Posting the following videos here also, as this is against the ai and these get amplified in online version of game also

Ai never keeps the "iner fielders UP" to prevent singles,
Slow loopy throws and slow response by keeper/fielder to get the ball to stumps are other factors for easy singles .

Have also suggested an option for switching off the R2 sprint trigger for batsman to prevent this

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Posting the following videos here also, as this is against the ai and these get amplified in online version of game also

Ai never keeps the "iner fielders UP" to prevent singles,
Slow loopy throws and slow response by keeper/fielder to get the ball to stumps are other factors for easy singles .

Have also suggested an option for switching off the R2 sprint trigger for batsman to prevent this
Same problem was in ashes

Set Up Shop

Banned
I'm still seeing very very low scores in 3 and 4 day games in career mode. One day and t20 scores seem good but AI collapses for under 150 in both innings of most longer form games. So many ducks and golden ducks.

My batsmen is a number 4 and rarely comes in to bat with more than 20 on the board on medium standard pitches with no cloud cover.

@WealeyH any advice on why this might be? I've tried tinkering with AI sliders but at the moment longer format matches seem to be wicket fests. Maybe as I'm playing early career mode low skilled batsmen are not balanced with low skill bowlers.

Does striker timing slider effect simulated innings or is that just wicket chance slider?

I’ve seen low scores and decent scores. Playing a 3 dayer on a hard deck and the AI made 352. We are struggling at 5/60.

Career mode default pitch conditions are always very soft, grassy pitch. I think this may influence AI scores. I “randomise” the pitch conditions and cracks, before every career game now to get different conditions.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I’ve seen low scores and decent scores. Playing a 3 dayer on a hard deck and the AI made 352. We are struggling at 5/60.

Career mode default pitch conditions are always very soft, grassy pitch. I think this may influence AI scores. I “randomise” the pitch conditions and cracks, before every career game now to get different conditions.
Yeah default should be random for crying out loud! why they take the random away?!@?!@?@?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah default should be random for crying out loud! why they take the random away?!@?!@?@?

Couldn't agree more. Career mode games should span a variety of conditions (rain, clear, cloudy etc.), pitch types (Green, Dry, Normal, Soft with varying hardness - Soft, Medium, Hard) and stadiums.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Couldn't agree more. Career mode games should span a variety of conditions (rain, clear, cloudy etc.), pitch types (Green, Dry, Normal, Soft with varying hardness - Soft, Medium, Hard) and stadiums.
You can set your own conditions for career games. I “randomise” pitch type and hardness by pressing the directional arrow and looking away - easily done

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You can set your own conditions for career games. I “randomise” pitch type and hardness by pressing the directional arrow and looking away - easily done

My point was that the settings should be random by default rather than user changing it. Not many folks would do so and it should be done by default in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread