Cricket 2002 Online Gameplay Patch

N

nash

The new Cricket 2002 Online Gameplay Patch is now ready for download.

Get it here :Cricket 2002 Online

It will improve gameplay for when you bat and bowl

Full details of what patch does is included in the readme's that come with the patch

Thanks
zim

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The patch is really good.But some of the problems are:-
1.)There are too many edges.
2.)All shots are not easy to play.
3.)Sixes are totally removed.
4.)The pull shot must be improved.Earlier the pull shot was really power full.Now it is power less.
5.)There should be more sixes.

Sanju

Club Cricketer
This is what i said earliar to zimrahil.Before the patch was realised
Hi zimrahil can u make a patch in which the shot selection of the computer as well as our shot selection is good still their has been very slow improvement in the game despite of so many patches in the game.What i mean by telling that our shot selection should be good means that the shots played in the game looks pretty ugly.So the main thing is the Game should have REALISM

A

Admin

Insha having tried this out I agree with you on some but disagree on others.

1. More edges are good since its one of the main ways you get out in real cricket. But maybe just a few too many.
2.I personally like most of the edited shots.
3.Sixes aren't removed but you have to time it to a T. I managed to hit a few.
4.I agree about the pull shot though.

Another thing I like is the CPU tries to bat out their overs ans succedds rather well. I guess this is mainly due the fact the CPU tries to play yorkers now.

Anyway good work Zim. Its not perfect but a great start and I'm sure you'll improve it over time.

N

nash

thanks for the feedback guys

I obviously will need more feedback before changing anything as I have to go on what the majority wants, not
just one or two people ;)

1) to reduce the amount of edges is easy. Just amend your l_hard.cfg and reduce the edgeaverage value (currently set to 0.85)
Reduce it by 0.1 at a time until you get an amt of edges you prefer. A
3) It has deliberately been done so that 6's are harder to get. Personal preference of me and the testers !!!
4) ok, will see if more people say the same thing.

Finally have you played a number of games. Don't come to any conclusions if you have only played one or two games etc
I knew from the start that the patch would never appeal to everyone as we all have our own idea of realism etc but have just tried
to accomodate the majority (I hope)

cheers :)

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Hey zim i am not discouraging you but its always nice to improve.Edges are okay but the pullshot and sixes thing is really irritating.Even the cover drive looks quite ugly both the back foot one and the frontfoot one.BUT ONE THING IS REALLY GOOD IS THE STRAIGHT DRIVES.

N

nash

hey insha

don't worry you are not discouraging me, I have been making patches for a few years now, and I have seen and heard it all !!

The problem is, as its always has been is that everyone has different opinions as to what makes a great game. Some want more
edges, some want less, you want more 6's , other people think its too easy to hit 6's etc. Do you see the problems I face in deciding what to alter ?

Also, if you are talking about the animation of the cover drives (front and backfoot) looking ugly, then unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that I am afraid - don't know how to alter the animations in the game :(

D

Duncan

hey...

it sound really good but i was wondering if it works for test matches...

i'm sure the shots and cfg files work but i don't see many more edges

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Hi zim i can understand dont get worried.Instead all of us can write tips to play these gameplay patches.

D

Duncan

hey...

i got it working and hav sum questions to ask to c if nebody can answer them....

1) the edges don't seem to occur for me....about 1/30 shots
2) sixes are still pretty easy to hit
3) when you leave the ball, it does some weird shot to purposely miss the ball
4) the slog sweep buttons (for RH - up, right, front font shoot and power) doesn't work...it has a very weird looking reverse slog sweep
5) can u increase the speed in ne way but still hav the same power on shots?

just to let u know...i'm playing on test and i'm batting...so haven't tried bowling or ODI so sorry if u get ne false alarms....

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've just used the patch for the first time and it feels really good. The computer seems to bowl an awful lot of bouncers and yorkers though, is there any way of reducing this? Keep up the good work,
cheers,
Colin

N

nash

Originally posted by -=du88nc=-@Apr 14 2003, 12:45 PM
hey...

i got it working and hav sum questions to ask to c if nebody can answer them....

4) the slog sweep buttons (for RH - up, right, front font shoot and power) doesn't work...it has a very weird looking reverse slog sweep

just to let u know...i'm playing on test and i'm batting...so haven't tried bowling or ODI so sorry if u get ne false alarms....
1) the edges for tests are stored in the u_easy/normal/hard.cfg file. My patch only looks at ODI's (the l_hard.cfg etc) So amend the edgeaverage value in the u_hard.cfg etc file to alter the amt of edges.
3) and 4). These are to do with the bin files (in the shots folder) My patch uses all the original bins except the latecut bins which have been replaced by the reverse sweep bins. I can only assume that your bin files are not the defaults for these strokes?
5) don't understand the question ?

N

nash

Originally posted by barmyarmy@Apr 14 2003, 03:20 PM
I've just used the patch for the first time and it feels really good. The computer seems to bowl an awful lot of bouncers and yorkers though, is there any way of reducing this? Keep up the good work,
cheers,
Colin
I am afraid that no one has found a way yet of controlling how many yorkers, bouncers the cpu bowls. :(

D

Duncan

Originally posted by zimrahil+Apr 15 2003, 01:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zimrahil @ Apr 15 2003, 01:28 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--=du88nc=-
@Apr 14 2003, 12:45 PM
hey...

1) the edges for tests are stored in the u_easy/normal/hard.cfg file. My patch only looks at ODI's (the l_hard.cfg etc) So amend the edgeaverage value in the u_hard.cfg etc file to alter the amt of edges.
3) and 4). These are to do with the bin files (in the shots folder) My patch uses all the original bins except the latecut bins which have been replaced by the reverse sweep bins. I can only assume that your bin files are not the defaults for these strokes?
5) don't understand the question ? [/b]
1) thanks 4 the edges advice....it's all fine now...
2) about the 6s, they still seem easy to hit...
3) does anyone know which of the shot stroke files are the one u leave?
4) which is the file for the slog sweep? (for RH - up, right, front font shoot and power)
5) is there a way to increase the pace...coz it's still about 150s and it's a bit slow. however, when i've increased the speed, it tends to bounce more--therefore i change the wicketsconY thing, but it seems the shot power is a bit weak...ne1 know how to fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread