Cricket 2004 Problem

T

toto

I installed Cricket 2004. I have a dvd-rw and a DVD drive in my computer. I cannot run it no matter which drive I install it from. I get the following error "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application". I have correct cd-rom in the drive. I have tried a number of installation attempts and from both drives. I also changed the installation drive to be the lowest letter as suggested by EA. This is waste of money for me. I am regretting and will never purchase EA games in the future.

Toto

T

temp

Sorry to say but do you have the pirated game? There's a friend of mine and he had the same problem with GTA 3 and Fifa 2002 and they were pirated game so installed the crack file and it worked.

Note: At that time I didn't knew about piracy.

T

toto

Andrew,

Yes I can see the content of the cd in my computer. I can also run a demo from the cd. I can run other games with no problem.

Sohaib,

No its not a pirate version. Its a legitimate copy which I personaly bought from the retail store.

Note: EA is aware of this problem. They should give a patch to fix it but they are only suggesting that install it from normal CD ROM drive and not from DVD rom drive. Its silly. Most of the people these days don't have CD roms drives. DVD combo is widely used.

Toto

T

Taita

I have a DVD-ROM Drive in my laptop and it plays fine with that.

H

hammudy

worked n works well n my dvd drive....n i dont think that ea is responsible for this.....its ur dvd drive maybe....coz i dont rem anything mentioning about the drive prob thing

T

toto

The problem has been solved. I replaced DVD drive with CD drive and installed it from there.Works fine now.

Toto

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Originally posted by toto@Jan 9 2004, 02:45 AM
Yes I can see the content of the cd in my computer. I can also run a demo from the cd. I can run other games with no problem.
Did u mean Cricket 2004 demo.I did not have any demo on my cd.

H

hammudy

maybe what he meant is that he could play demo games from that driver earlier :huh:

S

squiz

Thats his signature, instead of actually making one in the "My Controls" he does is manually

S

srikarthik

I have a laptop with a DVD drive. I installed Cricket 2004 and getting the same message, "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application". Is there a way to fix this, other than replacing the DVD with a CD drive?

Please help.

:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread