Installation problem

I

idzap

Hi

I have got 4 hard disk drives on my PC (C,D,E & F), and my CD-Rom drive is G.

When I install Cricket 2004, it goes through just fine - I accept all the defaults it gives. But once install is completed, and I try to launch the game, it gives me an error - Pls insert correct CD. I looked up this error in the documentation, and it says that this occurs when you have multiple CD drives on your PC (E.g. One CD Rom drive and another CD-RW drive). But I have only one CD Rom drive on my PC, and still I get this issue.

Has anybody else got this problem, and if you have solved it, pls let me know how.

thanks for the attention.

Idzap.

S

sunny_pec

This is no logic that CD Drive should be D.Its different depending upon the no. of partitions which r named before the CD drive.

Regarding Idzap's prob, I m not sure if the cricket2004.exe file is to be overwritten by a crack file like it was in case of BLC and Cricket2002. So look out if there is another cricket2004 executable file present in any other folders becauz this error message is generally becauz of this in various games.

R

ricky123

:) it can also be that he is has copied the files from the cd to the hard disk ,

u can use a nocd patch mate ,u will find it on the internet , there are some sites that give nocd patches ,nocd patches can be downloaded legally,even our site use to have a nocd patch for c2k2 ,but then i think our admin decided that the nocd patches help pirates more then orginal owners ,so i think he removed it ..

if u have a pirated copy , dont expect us to help you,

M

masterofthegame

Why dont u copy the installation files along with the hidden files into ur hard disk and install the game from there and try ...

I

idzap

Thanks for all your suggestions - I will try these out and let you know the result.

E

electioneering

Originally posted by masterofthegame@Apr 13 2004, 07:37 PM
Why dont u copy the installation files along with the hidden files into ur hard disk and install the game from there and try ...
Even if u install it from ur hard disk,it wont stop it from looking for the valid cd-rom.

I

idzap

Thanks guys - I found a nocd patch that worked.

Still not sure why the original install did not work in spite of having the CD in the drive..

Anyway, problem solved..

Users who are viewing this thread