Need help running the game :(

R

roosevelt

I just recently I bought this game and I am not sure why it isn't working right. I think it could be something to do with the display driver :x . Anyway here are the requirements and my pc's features.

Game Minimum Requirements
  • Windows 98/XP/Me/2000
  • Pentium III 500 MHz
  • 96 MB Ram
  • 1.0 GB HDD
  • 32 MB AGP
  • Directx 8.1 compatitble sound card
  • 16x CD-ROM Drive
My PC's Features
  • Windows XP - Proffessional
  • 1.30 GHz Intel Celeron Processor
  • 128 MB SDRAM
  • 30 GB Space left
  • 16-24 MB AGP
  • DirectX 9
  • 24x CD-RW Drive
I think that 32 MB color bit is giving the problem. It starts loading and then it just shuts down. But on the settings menu it says 16 bit, so it shouldn't be with the color bit stuffs.

D

deadduck

Yes the most common problems are with the graphics card and you seem to have one that is below the minimum requirements. :(

H

hammudy

well nothing is lost here...u should be happy that you have an AGP card...there were ppl here who had it builtin on the mobo ( intel chipsets )....all u need to do is get a nice cheap card of 128 mb....like GF5200FX or ATI 9200 or above

i know the 2 cards that i suggested are crap but they are in the cheap range...which i am sure you can go for the mid range would be GF5700XT 256 MB , ATI 9600 XT 256 MB these will be good enough 4 u 2 even ply games like doom3 and forthcoming halflife2....anyother help just ask

Users who are viewing this thread