cricket 2005 developers take note

danny2502

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
my post might be blaming the game but his post was calling for improvement and thats wat i implied..and frnkly i m not patient enough to play 50 overs..i have played 30 overs in a 50 over game and i was standing at 290/2..and thts on my very 2nd game of c2k5 and without saves..

your such a bad lair

if your not pateint enough to play a 50 over game then you shoudn't be playing BLIC as it has no autoplay cricket2005 does and there for you can get your game done alot quicker

melucas

School Cricketer
I think potholes is big enough to stand up for himself.

It is obvious you hate the game and you are entitled to your opinion.

If you want changes made to the game then don't sit there whinging about how boring or crappy it is. Do like all the patch makers are doing and help improve it.

Congratulations on your 290/2 after 30 overs. What do you get after 30 overs in BLIC 600 or more. Please don't say BLIC is a challenge. It is a good 2 player arcade game and that is all. oh I forgot you haven't actually played it.

By the way my original post was directed at you and not potholes. After all you are the one who said it was pathetic.

satish_lastride

Club Cricketer
Ah! chuck it man! i just thought ur initial post was kinda rude askin not to post in this forum..thats y i replied similarly..
and about me creating a patch..well i had that brainstorm a few days back and i released my own AI extreme patch.. u can visit the ai extreme thread in c2k5 downloads..its my patch and it was released a week back..try the patch and post ur comments there..
and danny..thanks for butting in..i wasnt standing up for potholes!!!i just found melucas's post kinda hurtin...anyways thanks for standing up for him!!!

Last edited:

potholes

School Cricketer
dudes!!??

LOL its always nice to have a good debate.

Someone said that Brain lara could get quite boring after playing it for a while and that could very well be a possibility.
Cricket 2005 is not too hard for me at all rofl! My main gripe is with the terrible physics of the ball. Yesterday i got a leggy between bat and pad (on c2k5) and i watched the replay and after the ball had bounced it was heading towards the stumps, then all of a sudden it lifted dramatically just before it reached the stumps....That just shows they have doctored the ball behaviour. IT JUST ISN'T REAL!
C2k5 definitely has more potential, but we have been saying that since the 2000 version. If only the had proper ball physics and pitch collision physics the game would be fantastic. My reasons for wanting to give brian lara a shot is because they have got the ball behaviour more right than EA. And btw you can play back foot shots in brain lara, as i said before the shot u play depends on the length. If you have bad ball physics you get things like computer batsmen playing back foot shots to half-volleys etc....Additionally, on my version of c2k5 the game gets inswingers and outswingers mixed up. I bowl an outswinger(A) and the ball swings in and spins out...IT'S JUST NOT CRICKET! And before u say "just use 'd'" the same problem arises (the ball swings out and spins in so u get the AI playing on drives to outswingers..lame)
If EA want the title of the most realistic cricket sim then they have to seriously work on that part of the game. Surely its not asking too much for the designers (who have made countless more crickets sims than any other company) to get the basics of the game right? It's frustrating because the bowling in c2k5 is just so ineffective. There are plenty of reasons for this, not least of which is the physics that i keep moaning about.

On another note, after playing a bit more of brian lara over the last few days I would have to say that i also have conerns about the game's longevity.

If only they could incorporate some of the blic2005 aspects into cricket 2006. Lets not forget that all of these physics and realism issues were evident in cricket 2002 and 2004. They have had so much time to fix things up but in the end they decided to almost duplicate cricket 2004 and release it as a new game. COME ON EA! For 70-80 bucks I want at least some effort to have gone into the game to get it to play correctly. Even if you have never watched cricket you only have to watch a few replays of real cricket matches to work out what the ball does in the air and off the pitch. When there is technology such as hawkeye which tracks the balls movement, how can a massive company like EA get it so wrong.

Patches can't alter the the fact that the ball doesn't behave properly. I have tried countles patches and in particular tutsi's and the cool gameplay patch. In the batting department they work great, but there is nothing they can do about the ball behaving incorrectly. It's not up to us to fix a game EA should have put more effort into. But i have to say that the work the patch makers do is fantastic. However there is only so much they can do with the game.

iceman_waugh said:
from what oyu potholes have put in it seems evident that you cannot play the game and it is difficult for you .
on the other hand i 'd side with you for the ball physics.

You also say that EA has emphasized on graphics and stufff.That is neccessary in a cricket game.If you do not want graphics go buy some thing like allan border's which is an equally good game without graphics.
Any how i am not here to fight just resting my opinions.

NOw that's just being silly mate. Of course in 2005 you wouldn't want a game with graphics like allan border's cricket lol. I'm saying that they have concentrated on the frills of the game at the expense of the realism and accuracy, thats all tiger!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
yeah accuracy does seem to be lacking in EA's games especially even after six years of producing them.

Cricket_60

International Coach
C 2005 is simply a half-hearted attempt at cricket by people who care more about money then player satisfaction. I'm not saying BLIC is any better (I haven't played it) Im just saying that if the EA sports developers sat down and watched a cricket match they would be able to make the next game much better. Thankyou to people like tutsi, boss, sid, eddie and satish who donate their time and effort to make cricket a better game.

melucas

School Cricketer
Hey there satish I was just about to write you an apology when I came across this comment you posted yesterday in your A1 extreme patch post and I quote

"for some reason i have never played in hard myself..but then i dont play the game much anyways.."

How could you possibly have had 290/2 in hard mode if you have never played in hard mode yourself.

I have a question in regards to your patch. Why would you make a patch that was best suited for medium mode when you thought the game was 2 easy in hard mode originaly. Doesn't that defeat the challenge of the game. After all cricket is supposed to be a challenge isn't it. That was evidenced by the recent ashes series.

I was going to try your patch but I like to play the game in hard mode.

This wasn't meant to offend I just find your comments a little confusing if you
have never played the game in the mode it was designed for.

satish_lastride

Club Cricketer
satish_lastride said:
i have played 30 overs in a 50 over game and i was standing at 290/2..and thts on my very 2nd game of c2k5 and without saves..
hey melucas..well my comments there are confusing alright,but let me straighten it out...i never quoted here if i scored 290/2 in hard mode,frankly i dont remember...and the quote abt me not playing in hard mode was with regards to my patch alone i.e i have never played MY PATCH in hard mode,,doesnt mean tht i have never played the game in hard mode..i have tried a lot of patches myself..

and abt my patch,i said i think its best suited for medium (cuz thats wat i play),but i never said itwas designed for medium or it doesnt work in hard..its just 16k mate..give it a shot if u like and tell me wat ya think ...

Last edited:

melucas

School Cricketer
Sorry mate you are a little contradictory this is a quote from this thread

"Do you think the game is difficult??? no way,it isnt..the original game without any patches is absurdly easy even in hard mode...if u play seriously u could score 500 runs in an ODI..dont tell me c2k5 is hard or realistic...and its not a necessity that u gotta like the ea game to post in this forum..those who want to see some improvement can also post here.
thanks rudy pooh..that was a good insight.."

Absurdly easy in hard mode without any patches??

I thought that you must have been referring to playing the game in hard mode when you scored that 290/2 in 30 overs. Sorry for the misinterpretation.
Maybe medium mode is not as absurdly easy as hard mode. Maybe I should play in that mode.

Anyway keep the patch making going. I prefer Tutsis patch myself.
Cheers mate

Last edited:

satish_lastride

Club Cricketer
i dunno whether u r really not getting it or if ur just acting as if u dont understand..anyways forget that we ever had this conversation..adios..

Bawked

School Cricketer
The downsides of cricket 2005 is the ball pychics
rofl swinging bouncers and not enough balls seam like two a game if your lucky on a green pitch on any other pitch forget it.
also the shots need to be more ranged so their are like 5 cover drives that you can play depending on the line and length of the ball and theres no sweet spot that i can see i've hit 6's off the handle.
Theres alot more smaller issues but really the bowling has let me down in this game hope the next version will address these issues.
All this considered its a good game to fill in the hours :)

potholes

School Cricketer
damn straight mate

Yer right matey, seam is a joke in c2k5. In real life an international bowler is able to move the ball off the seam quite regularly as long as the ball is fairly new. I have recently conducted an experiment with seam and it yielded some bizarre results. I have been tweaking the seam values using biggui and notepad to see if i could increase the seam on all pitches. I used settings from 0.00 (control) to 999.99 for all pitch types. The results revealed that there is no direct relationship between this value and the frequency of seam movement and that non-green pitches hardly seam regardless of the value. What this game lacks is playing and missing (apart from the cut shot) by the cpu. And again we come back to the physics and bat-on-ball collision. Something they could improve in the next release is the ball movement in the air and off the pitch. The seam movement should be governed by a parameter that can be tweaked according to the percentage of seaming deliveries the user wants for both teams on each pitch (relative to the ball's age). To make this slightly less alarming they could reduce the amount of seam movement (horizontally) which is far too high on c2k5. It's just far too hard to beat the batsmen in c2k5. Swing needs to be completely re-invented by EA because, and let's be honest, they are light-years off accurately emulating it. They need to get rid of the spin that u impart on the ball when u bowl a swinging delivery ( as in c2k5), and get that seam UP and directed accordingly. I like BLIC's method of adjusting the landing zone of the ball late to get the ball to tail away from the bat. *Hang on a ghecko is trying to steal some of my salad*
They definitely need to look at some video of a cricket match and get it sorted because EA's cricket games could be smegging great, if only they could sort out the physics of the game and get the ball behaviour right!
The cutting deliveries are basically useless. Cutting is an outdated art. Most bowlers these days concentrate on getting the ball to move in the air or off the seam. The cutting delivery is merely an occasional variation or something to be resorted to with the old ball.
In a nutshell EA need to get these things sorted so there is more action and intesity in the game. You should be able to beat the batsmen often and get the ball to move off the pitch or in the air just enough to pass the outside edge or indeed hit it (ON ANY PITCH- taking into account teh age of the ball). This wouldn't make the game's bowling easier, but it would add intensity and interest for the bowlers and batsmen alike.
If anyone knows how to adjust the frequency of seam in c2k5 or edit the pitch characteristics let me know....it'd be shweeet! Oh yeh and if anyone is interested i can post the results of that little experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread