Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Only 1 positive from the latest patch on ps5 is that finally aftertouch on pro controls has been fixed.
Had so much fun bowling in tests with different line and lengths and unique wickets.
But still that issue exists where AI keeps bowling leg side to left handers whenever the AI bowls from over the wicket to lefties and vice versa.
Fielders are running very slow again whenever they are close to picking up the ball and throwing it.
straight drive shots have become way too overpowered.
the shot power needs to be toned down a bit.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
[Steam- Latest patch, was batting on a custom difficulty between Hard and Hardest, custom physics- max pace, extra swing+ revs+drift+flight, pitch bounce at 45, AI legend, AI bowl quality 100]

Some observations/ opinions:

Batting:

1. Straight drives work :yes- looks like now we can finally score all round the ground off both pace and spin bowlers. However, the pace bowlers really need balancing- no follow through :(, they are able to stop almost everything that is hit upto 3 metres left/ right of them- no matter how fast the ball is traveling :facepalm. As a result, it is still extremely difficult to score straight down the ground.

2. I had an impression from my previous gameplay experience and a youtube clip that the pull shot is now broken. But now that I have spent more time, I actually think it's more balanced and exactly how it should be :thumbs Earlier, it was as if you could pull anything that's not too full and not too wide of off stump. But now- you have to wait for the right ball, one that's closer to off stump/ straighter and that has bounced high enough. The only problem is- when you do try to pull a ball that's not quite there, the animation that plays out is real ugly it looks more like a glitch than an inadequate user input. That said, I don't want them to fix that animation if it carries the risk of breaking something else :noway. The mechanism is effective, hope they don't change it.

3. Lofted shots especially through the off side (sometimes straight as well) just give an impression of being overpowered at times. quite often I was able to find the ropes even when my timing was 'OK' and not good/ideal. The highlight was a shot I played just behind square on the off side- timing was 'Early' and I couldn't believe as it sailed over for 6 :facepalm

4. Some people have highlighted some issue with the backfoot cut shot I think? Don't have much sample size to comment on this but I didn't find any issue. I was able to play the late cut in third man region and the square cut between cover and point as well :)

5. Finger spinner still keeps on bowling way, way outside off stump. 8-10 ball overs are the norm when you're playing against them :facepalm. Not sure about other types of spinners.

6. I started a test match, playing as India vs England- opted to bat first. After ~4 overs of testing camera angles, I decided I wanted to test the lofted shots- so I premeditated that I'd only give the aggressive input, not attacking/defensive/precise. After 22.3 overs, my run rate was just shy of 14, I had lost just 1 wicket. Atleast 90% of my runs had come from between straight off and square on the off side. Here's the interesting bit- at no stage did the AI put a fielder in that region outside the 30 yard circle :facepalm:mad

7. Definitely some weird stuff happening when you are done running between the wickets and fielder throws the ball back. The batter simply moves out of the crease :noway- didn't see any runout due to this issue thankfully but won't be surprised at all if that happens.

AI Fielding:

1. They just drop too many catches in the outfield, on an average :facepalm

2. The occasional fielder running through the ball without picking it up, but this wasn't frequent enough to be irritating- was very occasional- on one instance I got 2 instead of 0, on another the fielder gifted me a 4 :lol- made me laugh but needs to be fixed!

3. Had batted for a decent 2-3 hrs I think, didn't see any overthrows :yes:thumbs

Conclusion:

Batting definitely feels like an improvement and more fun. Going to pick it up this weekend and enjoy myself! :) Thank you for your hard work BAS!!

Last edited:

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
This games bowling is the worst of all the Big Ant games. What you bowl, how you bowl and the things you do mean nothing. If the game decides a batsman should be out they'll be out but if they decide not then the pitch, the day and the bowler will not matter. Really disappointed in the bowling experience in this game. I feel I have no control and the game decides what will happen or not. Don't feel I am earning wicket at all, set-ups don't work and the fact that the AI know exactly if something will hit the stumps or not is a big part of it I feel. The can leave deliveries you would never leave batting because if you did you'd lose your stumps. I think this is proven as well because I haven't had a bowled without the AI playing on (even if you get the replay of no touch).

Abcd9994

Club Captain
This games bowling is the worst of all the Big Ant games. What you bowl, how you bowl and the things you do mean nothing. If the game decides a batsman should be out they'll be out but if they decide not then the pitch, the day and the bowler will not matter. Really disappointed in the bowling experience in this game. I feel I have no control and the game decides what will happen or not. Don't feel I am earning wicket at all, set-ups don't work and the fact that the AI know exactly if something will hit the stumps or not is a big part of it I feel. The can leave deliveries you would never leave batting because if you did you'd lose your stumps. I think this is proven as well because I haven't had a bowled without the AI playing on (even if you get the replay of no touch).
I have had bowled dismissals- soft green surfaces with reduced AI striker timing and run rate. But I completely agree with you- bowling is not fun because it doesn't feel like you're in control no matter what you do. It's like everything is pre decided by the AI and you're just playing your role in a drama/ skit. They will leave hooping outswing deliveries that miss the off stump by an inch, and then if they want to- they will loft the same ball over cover for 4 as well

Edit: it's all AI behaviour though isn't it? That's the problem. The way AI behaves. While bowling, as you explained and even while batting- the way they employ field settings doesn't make any sense. Once the more glaring technical issues, crashes etc are fixed- hope this is worked on as well.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
[Steam- Latest patch, was batting on a custom difficulty between Hard and Hardest, custom physics- max pace, extra swing+ revs+drift+flight, pitch bounce at 45, AI legend, AI bowl quality 100]

Batting:

1. Straight drives work :yes- looks like now we can finally score all round the ground off both pace and spin bowlers. However, the pace bowlers really need balancing- no follow through :(, they are able to stop almost everything that is hit upto 3 metres left/ right of them- no matter how fast the ball is traveling :facepalm. As a result, it is still extremely difficult to score straight down the ground.

2. I had an impression from my previous gameplay experience and a youtube clip that the pull shot is now broken. But now that I have spent more time, I actually think it's more balanced and exactly how it should be :thumbs Earlier, it was as if you could pull anything that's not too full and not too wide of off stump. But now- you have to wait for the right ball, one that's closer to off stump/ straighter and that has bounced high enough. The only problem is- when you do try to pull a ball that's not quite there, the animation that plays out is real ugly it looks more like a glitch than an inadequate user input. That said, I don't want them to fix that animation if it carries the risk of breaking something else :noway. The mechanism is effective, hope they don't change it.

3. Lofted shots especially through the off side (sometimes straight as well) just give an impression of being overpowered at times. quite often I was able to find the ropes even when my timing was 'OK' and not good/ideal. The highlight was a shot I played just behind square on the off side- timing was 'Early' and I couldn't believe as it sailed over for 6 :facepalm

4. Some people have highlighted some issue with the backfoot cut shot I think? Don't have much sample size to comment on this but I didn't find any issue. I was able to play the late cut in third man region and the square cut between cover and point as well :)

5. Finger spinner still keeps on bowling way, way outside off stump. 8-10 ball overs are the norm when you're playing against them :facepalm. Not sure about other types of spinners.

6. I started a test match, playing as India vs England- opted to bat first. After ~4 overs of testing camera angles, I decided I wanted to test the lofted shots- so I premeditated that I'd only give the aggressive input, not attacking/defensive/precise. After 22.3 overs, my run rate was just shy of 14, I had lost just 1 wicket. Atleast 90% of my runs had come from between straight off and square on the off side. Here's the interesting bit- at no stage did the AI put a fielder in that region outside the 30 yard circle :facepalm:mad

7. Definitely some weird stuff happening when you are done running between the wickets and fielder throws the ball back. The batter simply moves out of the crease :noway- didn't see any runout due to this issue thankfully but won't be surprised at all if that happens.

AI Fielding:

2. The occasional fielder running through the ball without picking it up, but this wasn't frequent enough to be irritating- was very occasional- on one instance I got 2 instead of 0, on another the fielder gifted me a 4 :lol- made me laugh but needs to be fixed!

3. Had batted for a decent 2-3 hrs I think, didn't see any overthrows :yes:thumbs

Conclusion:

Batting definitely feels like an improvement and more fun. Going to pick it up this weekend and enjoy myself! :) Thank you for your hard work BAS!!
Well done mate, good to hear some positive feedback instead of all the negative

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers

Batting:

AI Fielding:

Conclusion:

Batting definitely feels like an improvement and more fun. Going to pick it up this weekend and enjoy myself!
This whole thing
Thank you for your hard work BAS!!
And this one line, don't match exactly...

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I can't get my head around this decision to patch less frequently at this juncture when so much, so obviously remains outstanding? This title still needs a LOT of serious work & it still contains multiple game breaking bugs, yet somehow all of this outstanding work is no longer critical? How does that work?

Countless customers put their faith in BA by pre-ordering but what remains broken or even some of it incomplete weeks after release for a product that's been paid for in good faith is no longer critical? The message that's sending out is that it doesn't matter that paying fans have all been let down from day 1, but BA (or is the root problem here in fact NACON) have pretty much done enough to ease their collective consciences so the policy will now shift to applying fixes on an as and when basis. It also sets a very worrying precedent that if BA (or NACON) can deem what's still an undeniably broken product fit enough to no longer require critical updates, just how long will it be before that particular bar is lowered yet again & the updates in turn quietly cease altogether with no further announcement? (That's not to marginalise anyone who purchased after release BTW, as they too are obviously entitled to the same level of support regardless, but at least they did have the option to choose not to buy after reading about everything that's gone on since day 1 or watching it for themselves from well known Youtube channels, etc. (Pre-orders have been stuck since the off regardless with absolutely no offer made of a partial or full refund at any time despite their obvious intent to support BA & the undeniable state of this game at release.))

There is undeniably good coming down the pipe, but, it's already at a glacial crawl because there is undoubtedly so much left outstanding to do. The decisions to roll out low priority items such as tour designers or stadium creators when nobody could even play a basic grounded or lofted cover drive for 5 weeks (THE most commonly used shot in the game of cricket) has undoubtedly hindered work that had a far higher priority too. It pulled people off key areas to add features that had initially been unplanned in C22 from the reactions to the requests. What's more, the current methodology is nigh on producing a 2 step forward & 1 step back approach. However, the primary message that we should all take away after this latest patch is what's now outstanding is no longer critical? Many would undoubtedly & respectfully disagree. Has anyone at BA actually started a career for example, or tested that career for just two or three seasons on Xbox or PS? (Let alone the other modes or PC.) I guarantee you, they WILL see multiple instances of critical by ANY definition!! But, that monumental list of outstanding bugs, glitches or enough plain unfinished work that we know of now (let alone what will get broken again) that'll have your head spinning can all wait indefinitely as the planned updates become less frequent?

It's not exactly the best plan & this will inevitably come full circle to bite BA in the backside next time around as the fan base trickles away due to a complete lack of trust. Only now they're going to reduce the one thing that had a chance of earning a small measure of that trust back for them again? Exactly how does one envisage the next pre-order campaign turning out, for example, if BA get such an important decision so awfully wrong for a second time within 2 months of release? Personally, I'd avoid any additional "face slapping" for at least another 6 weeks as things currently stand for obvious reasons.

Is that not of itself critical? If that can't be understood from this entire debacle (lesson), do BA really want to continue on with such a failure to learn moving forward, as I really can't see that working out well at all? Or perhaps this intent is a hidden message of another kind entirely, (last release, we're quitting after C22???)

Otherwise, after todays patch some extra good I actually witnessed from that was that the AI wasn't immediately resorting to those ridiculous lofted uppercuts or the hook/pull off very full balls anywhere near as much. I even saw the AI making regular attempts to play the new ramp, several variants of the special shots, some decent drives or glances from appropriate lengths, but yes it did also get dirty with the fine/late cut or the magical edges from time to time too. (It did this in all formats too.) It was finally making vastly improved shot decisions & judgement all round the ground properly based on length than immediately resorting to the same old inappropriate scripted shots to make up a deficit every single time. The more shots they're actually attempting at least gives some added hope for more ways (or at least some variety) to get them out too :). It still needs work but it did at least seem like progress & on the surface, an actual cricket game is hidden somewhere beneath layers of BS & bugs. (The unsettling part there is that such an improvement wasn't mentioned anywhere in the latest patch notes at all, so why is this suddenly happening now? Was it literally stumbled upon or was it merely an unintentional side effect? Is it everyone or just this patch version on Xbox? Or, is reliably recreating it now going to become even more variable & this behaviour may completely change again each time I restart C22?). Anyone else suddenly seeing the AI making a decent effort to play appropriate & more realistic shots please? Anyone else seeing them not immediately resorting to the same shots we have all come to despise? (I'm Xbox series X, so that'll be patch version - 1634, for me.)

Thankfully, the wagon wheel now seems to be functioning correctly too :). Appreciated.

The work to the underpowered straight drive was welcomed as well but AI fast or medium bowlers are still capable of the same ridiculous feats of human capability & endurance. They can still leap clean over & back across a wicket (while still carrying forward inertia) to intercept almost any ball off their own bowling, so the straight drive remains virtually useless despite the power balancing/upgrade, (2 or 3 minutes of quickly checking the power balance results immediately highlights that issue). (Meanwhile, a human spinner somehow becomes an unreactive lump of dead weight the moment they release the ball which was an issue never fixed in C19 & here we are again, same problem. I never had a single caught & bowled with a spinner off tens of thousands of deliveries bowled in C19 but had many off a fast bowler. I did see my spinner finally make a dive to stop a couple of straight drives off the AI in C22 today too, although, that too needs a lot more work.)

The list of everything that was broken again is already growing significantly too, yet all of this outstanding work is still, "no longer critical"?

Please don't start ducking out the door just as there finally seems to be some hope & momentum building with these fixes after everything that's happened here. Nobody is expecting quick fixes at this stage & its going to be a long road to achieve a polished product, but please don't add to these problems by looking for the nearest exit now & in so doing add even further insult to injury :(!!!

angad

Chairman of Consent
My Disappointment level reaches the same height of sixes in the game now... Every straight sixes is feels like golf shot... after latest (1.18) patch, even with shot force set it to zero and ideal, aggressive power boost and both power boost set it to zero, still I can hit the sixes with ease... Any bowl, bowl on leg or Yorker length is too easy to hit six... Day 01 patch and first couple of Patches are real gems for gameplay... But now, it feels like they replace all gameplay with Cricket 19 codes...
+1

Hitting a six straight behind the bowler is too OP at the moment. Even shots not timed ideally go for huge sixes

s0074845

Club Captain
Does bouncers work? I am bowling on green dry hard wicket and when try bouncer it hardly goes more than hip high . Am I missing something here

Users who are viewing this thread