Your Cricket Cricket Practise at home

Wshakil

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello everyone.

I live in India. My son is playing cricket from a year, and he has got good success in the year. So I'm thinking to increase my son's practise.

I want to fit Cricket nets in my backyard. Do you have any idea of how much it will cost for the nets, for the bars I'm using Bamboo.

And After fitting Nets, there will be need of balls, So please suggest what type of balls should I use.

RPHKR

National Board President
I live in India. My son is playing cricket from a year, and he has got good success in the year. So I'm thinking to increase my son's practise.

Wow, you're a cool father encouraging a cricketer in INDIA. Keep it up! :thumbs
If you want him a better cricketer, let him join a cricket academy. :)

Wshakil

School Cricketer

Thanks, he had joined the academy a year ago, but now the academy doesn't provide them with so much batting practise, they just give fielding and catches. And there is only one academy here, So I'm thinking of fitting nets in my backyard so that he can practise with his batting.

Ashu54

Club Captain
I am in India playing Mumbai U-14 tournament.... I think if you are Mumbai or Delhi based then schools provide an u-14 platform... so encourage your son to go school team selections........ Also there are other MCA DCA selections......
Best of luck :thumbs

Wshakil

School Cricketer
Thanks. But he'd played for assam u16 and i think he can make it to the ranji side or hopefully the national side. So I'm thinking to fit nets in my backyard. Any ideo, how much it will cost?

Last edited:

MrinalSinha

School Cricketer
Nets Cost

Hello everyone.

I want to fit Cricket nets in my backyard. Do you have any idea of how much it will cost for the nets, for the bars I'm using Bamboo.

And After fitting Nets, there will be need of balls, So please suggest what type of balls should I use.

Hi,

You will have to come with a plan to prepare nets at your home. Do you want open nets or closed nets? A wicket is 66 Feet long, 14 Feet wide. You need to leave 10 Feet behind the batman so that the rebounding ball dosent hits him hard. At the other end you will have to leave space for bowler's run up. In all, the place has to be 120 Feet long and 14 Feet wide to put up atleast one net.

From cost perspective i would suggest to go for a net open from one end - prodided there is no risk of damage or injury to others from the ball hit out by the batsman. It should be ok to cover half the wicket. It would mean - 45 Feet long net. The net comes in size of 100 Feet by 12 Feet sheet. You need - 160 Feet long net. The cheaper one comes around 3500/- for 100 Feet Sheet. The high end ones cost around 14.5 K for 100 feet.

You can make a net in a budget of around 10K excluding transport and fittings, but the life will be not so good. The quality one which last 3-5 years will cost around 25K.

About balls -

The cost of SG Bouncer is 270 each ball which should last 25 overs in nets - which would mean 2 hours of practice. The more you practice, the more you will spend.

But before that - what about the wicket? If your son is playing in decent levels, he would need Turf wicket. Constructing and maintaining a turf wicket is a costly and skilled affair. What about that?

Ashu54

Club Captain
@Wshakil:then take a look at the Selections around and good performance can prove your son to get selected in Ranji side and further....

Mean while u can get him into some clubs around so that he gains sxp and will get some practice

basappa

School Cricketer
Cricket practice

You are right

Users who are viewing this thread