Cricket World Cup – Last chance to see

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
i've actually changed my mind; i think its good that the icc want to cut no hopers like england and pakistan out of future world cups
yeah it will be great so I don't have to waste my time watching Pakistan again.
Ireland and Afghanistan are better teams.

TheW

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This isn't right. All the teams should be put on an equal qualification basis, like the football world cup. The associate sides have proven themselves. Many times again and again we have seen consistency from these teams unlike that of the full member sides. The ICC only cares about the revenue per game, not about the talent in the game itself.
(PS. if its true that they only care about revenue per game, the UAE will stay :p)

weekendroady

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I always wondered why the ICC makes it so dang hard to gain test status, let alone associate status. I'm glad to see the whims of the ICC's exclusivity is not a popularly held opinion on this board. I'd love to see cricket grow here in the U.S., but it hardly has much of a chance. A more inclusive T20 World Cup is probably the way to go, but its a bit of a shame that so many fringe nations are shunned the chance to develop in the longer forms of cricket. I look at rugby which has grown fairly impressively despite the power still being held by a relative few nations. It hasn't hurt that sport to be more inclusive.

For those who don't follow it, in the U.S., College Football is run by a similar money-first ideal. Their are some 120 schools that played top level D1 college football. Only about half of them have an actual shot at playing for a national title. Yes, some teams can go undefeated through a whole season and not even play for a championship. Every year, the same argument gets tossed around about how to include the little guys, and the same powers that be keep the rules heavily weighted towards, well, the powers that be. It would take a real miracle for a so-called "minnow" to break through and play for a title. Funnier yet, there are 340+ schools playing D1 College Basketball (run by the same organization, the NCAA), and every one of them has a path to the title game that can be settled on the court and not in a boardroom.

S

Satan666

Day by day the ICC is getting sickening. Why would you leave out these associate sides? Just to make more money? Its disgusting to see the Irish/Afghan teams having to literally beg the ICC for a break in the next world cup, both teams played exceptional.

I think we're too deep in the gutter to move this game ahead. Yet you have people praising the ICC day in day out.

I wish things would revert to as how it was in the 90's, where cricket was the gentleman's game. Gone are those days and they may never come back.. ...cant follow this sport much longer!

Users who are viewing this thread