DBC 17 - Connection type (Online mode)

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Hey. I have a very important topic to bring up here. Being a dbc fan since 2014, id love to see if we this year would have dedicated servers for Ashes. Dbc 17 sometimes is a pain in the a** because of the peer to peer. The online cricket gaming experience will grow very big if this will be possible :) Thanks.

Last edited:

francisjery

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey. I have a very important topic to bring up here. Being a dbc fan since 2014, id love to see if we this year would have dedicated servers for Ashes. Dbc 17 sometimes is a pain in the a** because of the peer to peer. The online cricket gaming experience will grow very big if this will be possible :) Thanks.
Awesome question mate. That would be really great to have a dedicated server for online gaming

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
More importantly there has to be dedicated players playing the game first , not like 50 odd playing DBC17 currently.

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
More importantly there has to be dedicated players playing the game first , not like 50 odd playing DBC17 currently.
That is actually because of numerous bugs in the game. There has been quite a lot of online players in DBC14.

If most of the bugs are fixed in Ashes, then we can expect a lot of enjoyment in online sector once again.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Sadly that cannot be used as an excuse in this day and age. Cricket Revolution had a much smaller user base and it had dedicated servers

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am pretty sure I recall one of the BA people - Mikey or Ross - saying that p2p was quicker and the servers introduce lag?

I may be wrong but I believe it was something like that.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes your dead right Blocker , BUT , its not what we have experienced in game.

We Race with 18 Okes together in F1 2017 on a Server , with very minor issues , but 2 of the same okes cannot have a error free cricket match ?

Same split second decisions has to be made to avoid being smashed into the wall.

I mean I play against my local group exclusively to bypass the possible Lag bottleneck , where I have a 4Mb ADSL Line and another oke has a 100Mb Fibre line 400km`s away from me , and still we have glitches galore .

If Peer to Peer is indeed the fastest (and I understand and believe it is) , then there is something else wrong or happening with the data between the two players.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm no expert in online gaming infrastructure.
But I'm seeing as bigant have multiple games with online functionality.

I'm sure they have conducted enough research and analysis into what kind of online infrastructure will work the most efficiently for their games.
I'm sure they don't want any lag or anything of that nature if it can be avoided.

There may be improvements that are possible to improve the online experience. But I think from a pvp vs server argument, I don't think that will change too soon.

Then again, that is just my opinion. I have no insight in the games industry. Hell, I barely even play games online.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yes your dead right Blocker , BUT , its not what we have experienced in game.

We Race with 18 Okes together in F1 2017 on a Server , with very minor issues , but 2 of the same okes cannot have a error free cricket match ?

Same split second decisions has to be made to avoid being smashed into the wall.

I mean I play against my local group exclusively to bypass the possible Lag bottleneck , where I have a 4Mb ADSL Line and another oke has a 100Mb Fibre line 400km`s away from me , and still we have glitches galore .

If Peer to Peer is indeed the fastest (and I understand and believe it is) , then there is something else wrong or happening with the data between the two players.
Having said that, even the latest greatest FIFA 18 cannot connect most times with the "P2P" one-on-one online friendlies ... it is very sad, but we live in africa ;)

Users who are viewing this thread