DBC 17 to Ashes 17 Evolution

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

I wanted to post this thread as somewhere where people can hypothesise about how they think Don Bradman Cricket 17 might have evolved for the new Ashes game.

Please note that this thread is not here for people to post to Big Ant requesting new features or to moan about DBC17.

This is a thread to discuss what could have been tweaked on DBC17 to improve or change the current build of the game within the time-frame that BA had.

For example I would loved them to have tweaked the carry through to the keeper a little bit so it really feels that it zips off the pitch. When you play around with the sliders you can get some nice bounce so I think that it wasn't far away on DBC17.

Cheers

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hi all,

I wanted to post this thread as somewhere where people can hypothesise about how they think Don Bradman Cricket 17 might have evolved for the new Ashes game.

Please note that this thread is not here for people to post to Big Ant requesting new features or to moan about DBC17.

This is a thread to discuss what could have been tweaked on DBC17 to improve or change the current build of the game within the time-frame that BA had.

For example I would loved them to have tweaked the carry through to the keeper a little bit so it really feels that it zips off the pitch. When you play around with the sliders you can get some nice bounce so I think that it wasn't far away on DBC17.

Cheers

in the first videos there is a lot of zip after the ball bounces and gets hit by Root/Smith. Usually Big Ant trailers are "honest", they show what actually is in the game.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi all,

Cheers
I would imagine a lot could be accomplished seeing that they now have their cricket engine, no need to re-invent it, the 100% of their time would be spent on improved motion capture animations, vastly imroving AI, and fixing the fielding and online and STATS (There is a huge amount that could be added here!)

So yeah, I am expecting DBC17 with major improvements, mo-cap animations (graphics in general), STATS that work and better AI, fielding **holds thumbs**

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
in the first videos there is a lot of zip after the ball bounces and gets hit by Root/Smith. Usually Big Ant trailers are "honest", they show what actually is in the game

Yeah I do have hope, I'd also love to see a couple more different dismissals making targeting the stumps feel worthwhile.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I want them to carry on the feel on field when playing women's cricket.. The environment which is more fun without commentary.. With "nice bowling" "Good ball" and "Yes and no's" Everything was so good..It set the overall feel.. Which IMO didnt make it totally in Men's cricket [talking about casual cricket]

Basically the environment on field sets the game.. Creating pressure with deliveries also words from fielders around the bat...Also the stadium environment...

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good thread! I was only thinking about this the other day after re-downloading dbc 17

a thread to discuss what could have been tweaked on DBC17 to improve or change the current build of the game within the time-frame that BA had.

... I thought maybe a few tweaks or an emphasis on the in game sounds like the bowler hitting the crease, the sounds of the ball coming off the bat in different ways (knicking, mistimed, well timed), crowd reactions, general chat, commentary etc.

More cut scenes between batters and bowler or between fielders or umpire interventions etc. More animations for the fielders, keepers, running between wickets, player emotions and reactions, and obviously more batting and bowling animations.

Improved menus in game and in general play. Better graphical representation of statistics and graphs.

I'm also interested to see how they go about overall ratings and how they balance the skills to see how it affects gameplay, obviously BA will know what each skills action and reaction work best. (no offence to the online community who create players)

All in all I think that with the current game they have to work with that a lot of little touch ups here and there and hopefully with well balanced skill and overall ratings it will go along way to producing the best cricket game yet.

D

Deleted member 46200

I would love to have the psychological feel of the game implemented into the gameplay somehow unsettling the opposition and watching them make bad decisions.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Bairstow must've done the job already I guess.

I think we better nip this in the bud now, I think it's likely that very few of the players actually did motion capture. All of them have had their faces scanned for the graphics but I can't imagine they were all mocapped.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think we better nip this in the bud now, I think it's likely that very few of the players actually did motion capture. All of them have had their faces scanned for the graphics but I can't imagine they were all mocapped.
Agree, only a few would've though I feel wicket keeping is something which they'd have given more attention to. There's a possibility.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Bairstow must've done the job already I guess.
Yeah but regardless whoever did the mo cap for WK and fielding have made it realistic, so that it blends with the gameplay really well.. Those takes from WK in 17 were horrible IMO [mainly the ones away from WK, one hand dive, over dive for a ball only bit away...Dives in fielding and the throws just got worse over patches [Throws through the hands, behind the body] even hard to describe what it was..

gunit123

County Cricketer
Agree with a lot of posts here, especially the ideas that allow for extra immersion in game, i.e. use of cut-scenes in game, improvement of the on-field and crowd environment etc. With regards to the cut-scenes, maybe after a few deliveries or the next over, there may be a quick replay of a close chance/wicket and commentators discussing it to add to that realism that we see when watching cricket on tv. I don't know whether this would have been too difficult to implement within the time-frame.

Also, I would have liked small improvement to the DRS, particularly involving a view of this angle:

9e54e663-a145-4237-b70c-38de474171a3.jpg

(Again, I know there are more immediate issues that needed rectifying from DBC17).

angad

Chairman of Consent
Something that I feel can be implemented (maybe not within the time frame in question) is the impact of bat speed based on the speed in which the RS was flicked! So even if I am a little late on the ball, if I flick the RS at a very high speed it would mean I would get a slightly longer timing window than if I moved it slowly. However moving it fast also means I am playing with hard hands and thus edges will carry better.

Users who are viewing this thread