Problem: DBC14 Career Mode Freezing Issue

BlackOwl

School Cricketer
I'm aware that since the launch of DBC17 that DBC14 might not get much attention, but it's worth a shot as it's pestering me a lot.

I've gone back to a career mode save file I've left alone for a while. In that time I've upgraded virtually my whole PC. I say this because that's literally the only thing that's changed between back when I played the file a lot, and now - when career mode randomly decides to completely freeze then crash the game. The choice of ground doesn't seem to matter, nor does the opposition, nor whether I'm actively taking part or not. The crash does not take me straight back to the desktop; rather, I must manually kill the game using the Task Manager.

I've so far tried verifying the game files' integrity on Steam, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and tweaking graphics settings, all to no avail.

Is there any fix for this issue/is it known?

I can post a video file if need be.

cricketdb

School Cricketer
It may be late but in case you still require the answer...

I too faced the same problem. So, I changed the cpu affinity of the game in task manager (search google on how to change affinity). use 4 or less than 4 threads for the game. After that it worked flawlessly. The only down side of this solution is that you have to change it every time you start the game

rifleman1202

School Cricketer
I am late but for anyone who is experiencing this freezing and/or crashing issue try restricting your monitor's refresh rate to 60 Hz using a tool such as Riva Tuner or if you have an Nvidia card just use the NVIDIA Control Panel and go to Manage 3D settings and restrict Max Frame Rate to 60 FPS. Seems to have fixed the issue for me. I have a 144 Hz refresh rate monitor.

rjt

School Cricketer
i might be late from all of you. i also faced the same problem. there is a simple solution just go to program data in windows 10. it will be hidden first unhide it then just search cricket 14 on it then delete all files. then do a fresh installation from steam or other sources. you can also search on whole disk c and delete all about cricket. it helped me. may be help you. i got now zero crashes. i purchased from steam. firstly i have cracked but cracked does not have skip to career player option so i purchesd from steam and crash problem occors i delete all the cricket files on my pc and fresh install it.

rjt

School Cricketer
I'm aware that since the launch of DBC17 that DBC14 might not get much attention, but it's worth a shot as it's pestering me a lot.

I've gone back to a career mode save file I've left alone for a while. In that time I've upgraded virtually my whole PC. I say this because that's literally the only thing that's changed between back when I played the file a lot, and now - when career mode randomly decides to completely freeze then crash the game. The choice of ground doesn't seem to matter, nor does the opposition, nor whether I'm actively taking part or not. The crash does not take me straight back to the desktop; rather, I must manually kill the game using the Task Manager.

I've so far tried verifying the game files' integrity on Steam, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and tweaking graphics settings, all to no avail.

Is there any fix for this issue/is it known?

I can post a video file if need be.
i might be late from all of you. i also faced the same problem. there is a simple solution just go to program data in windows 10. it will be hidden first unhide it then just search cricket 14 on it then delete all files. then do a fresh installation from steam or other sources. you can also search on whole disk c and delete all about cricket. it helped me. may be help you. i got now zero crashes. i purchased from steam. firstly i have cracked but cracked does not have skip to career player option so i purchesd from steam and crash problem occors i delete all the cricket files on my pc and fresh install it.

Users who are viewing this thread