Terrible game. Full of bugs. Who else agrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way that Ross talked in that random interview; it sounds like we'll get more than the two patches ("wants to support the game for 18 months"), so its not like they have one more shot to get that iteration right...

Where did I say that? Both of these features are down right abnormal and shouldn't be in the game period. Infact Mr. Markkkkkk (did I missed a 'k' in there?), I have Critisized how easy it is to get AI wickets, on another thread and have already deleted my Career allrounder.

Quite the opposite, all I am trying to say is, if I can do it anyone could.

I give up.

I give up.

You clearly aren't reading, this is what I said in the previous page;

If your bowler is failing to trigger edges then chances are you're doing something wrong. Certainly, it

I dont feel the need to repeat that everytime.

Captured an outside edge caused by my part time bowlerwhich was not enough to carry to wicket keeper and there where no slip fielders present. I will upload it to youtube. I will also do another video with a genuine fast bowler showing clear edges actually carrying to keepers/slip, when I get motivated enough.

Edit:

here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CigC8cntxz0

Last edited by a moderator:
The way that Ross talked in that random interview; it sounds like we'll get more than the two patches ("wants to support the game for 18 months"), so its not like they have one more shot to get that iteration right...

I think he's committed to two patches for the PS3 version, I think unless there's some major issue after patch two they'll focus on patching the PC version for ongoing year as that's much easier for them to do vs. the medieval approvals process they go through for consoles.

Console is their major market. If there is an issue after patch 2, they should release a patch for all the versions. They are just too committed and passionate about this project, to ignore console users.

I'm sure Ross has said they need to keep them as close as possible, so PC only patches would likely only be for issues specific for PC.

Would be nice though - Steam has an option for running beta programs to let people test stuff early - I'm sure a lot of people on here would be willing to try and bug test new updates before they throw them out to the masses.

I think he's committed to two patches for the PS3 version, I think unless there's some major issue after patch two they'll focus on patching the PC version for ongoing year as that's much easier for them to do vs. the medieval approvals process they go through for consoles.

It would really be a crying shame if the Console Market gets abandoned after Patch No. 2 I dont really care about the ancient approvals system on the console patches , even if it take 3 months, but continous support is why I have promoted this game to everyone I know. I would feel real stupid to tell them that after 2 patches , they are left with whatever is unfixed , and has to live with it.

Bear in mind , that there WILL be issues after Patch No. 2 , its when these issues gets so minor that all can live with them that I would accept that the Crew at BA can move onto the next project. Right now my experience of Online play is so negative at times , that I cannot believe that all will be fixed with one patch.

The strange thing is , that whenever I play an online game and nothing weird happens in the first 3 overs , it tends to stay that way. But if you get any off the well documented anomolies happen to you early in an online game , you can be sure that it will continue throughout the match and leave you shaking your head and throwing that controller with disgust into the sofa.

This Game is too great to just be left for dead after patch No. 2 .

It wont be left for dead, they'll be working on the remaining "issues" for future releases of this game, but whether that's released as a patch or as part of the next release will depend on a number of things, including, but not limited to:

*seriousness of issue
*identification of the underlying code causing the issue
*ease of fix
*costs involved
*ease of release with both Sony and Microsoft
*whether you buy Ross enough cake
*how much twaddle people post about the game being "abandoned" after patch 2 before patch 2 is even released.

All bow down to the Mighty Allknowing Offie !!!

Nope, it's just common sense given the stated plans of Big Ant when it comes to making this a franchise rather than a one-off.

If the 2nd patch fixes all the big issues then they're not going to go through a complicated patch approval process to fix a bunch of minor irrelevances that they'd look o have resolved for DBC15.

If the 2nd patch fails to fix something important, or brings up another issue that needs urgent repair, they may then release a patch which includes some of the minor irrelevances as part of it once they're fixed.

Overly dramatising it as "abandoning" after patch 2 when we haven't even had patch 2 yet doesn't help anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread