AI Intelligence in reading game situation

ryandobermann

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
First of all I want to thank Ross and Big Ant for this marvelous game ...
For me this is easily the best cricket game I've ever played ... YES even better then Shane Warne 99 =] that's my opinion anyways =p ...
It pretty much has everything I and most cricket fans always wanted in a cricket game ... However two things in cricket games which always let me down are
1. they are too easy against the AI ...
2. the AI are incredibly stupid and bowl and bat just for the sake of it ... That's mainly the reason I would simulate innings during bowling and just batted because the bowling seemed pointless if AI was chasing as they never really chased a target and if I bowled first well there wouldn't be much of a chase .
The Number 1 issue , you guys worked really well on that ... Bowling is really really fun here and this game isn't easy like other cricket games ... It's much more balanced and fun .
So good on ya's and keep it up =] ....
And please keep making more cricket games in the future because you guys have produced a excellent game.

Obviously the game just released and there will be little bugs and so on which I'm sure you guys will fix most with patches in time .

Now on to my questions ...

I just wanted to ask about how intelligent are the AI are in reading the match situation ??

Like do they actually read the match situation and understand what is required off them ?

eg. to survive last 5 overs in a test to draw or score 12 runs of last over ?

I'm a bit concerned in this area because I just played a game WI (Me) vs AUS (AI) T10 .

Now while I was batting I saw a gap on the leg side and scored most of my runs in that area but the AI didn't change the field and put any one there ...

Aus introduced Spin in the 8th over , I got 17 runs that over and the next over they used spin again ...

I ended up making made 107 runs ...

Now Australia got off blasting they were around 0/50 of 4 overs but then I bought on Narine and completely shattered the top order taking 4 wickets in 2 overs .... In the end Aussies required 18 runs in the last over ... with Maxwell (who was in for a while) & Bailey ...

I was ready for a tense finish as I had to bowl Bravo to finish and they picked up 3 singles to finish the game which left me a bit puzzled.... it seemed like they weren't actually targeting the 18 runs ...

Also in test matches a lot of the wickets which I get are from AI playing lofted shots which seems really unnatural . The slip fielders feel pointless as hardly get any clip catches which is a shame and again very unusal in a Test cricket not to get any catches in slip .

And another bug is when the AI hits the ball to Deep Long off or Deep Long on I've noticed them not picking up singles =/ ...

And the AI fielding is shocking at times with the West Indies they drop lolly pop catches way too often it's quite ridiculous .

Is there a way to improve AI intelligence ? Hope you guys can patch their artificial brains to work a bit more effective and read the game better =] ...

I hope you guys can fixes these few bugs along with some of the other ones many have already pointed out about the run outs and etc ...

If these issues can be fixed this can really be a masterpiece of cricket games which will defiantly be remember for years to come ...

All in all I'm still happy with this game ... So a big thanks to Ross & Co ...

Ps. Forgot to add is there a way to set default opening AI bowlers ??
Everytime I vs Pakistan or West Indies they seem to open the bowling with S.Ajmal and S.Narine ....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread