grkrama

National Board President
handle-the-truth.gif

btw who is jamie firth is he aka chief?

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I see the Ashes forum is still breathing.

EDIT: The official one I mean.

Would you call that breathing? Maybe through a ventilator. I mean, I've always wanted to hear about the next kitchen sale in Bedford, and how "effectively acquiring bail bonds is just the beginning", but I don't see too much about cricket there.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
They probably don't bother moderating it now the game has been cancelled. I'm surprised that it's still up though.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The game certainly seems like they abandoned it months before release but forgot to not release it until 4 days afterward.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I'd love to see a transcript of the conversation between trickstar and 505 where they decided to push out the pc release.

Right number of players on the field? Probably. Can you bat and bowl? A little bit.

Ok, seems legit. Let's rubber stamp this and sit back and wait for the cash to start rolling in!

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Meanwhile the cyber pirates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
And I'm still particularly annoyed that Jamie Firth attempts to slink his way out of this with the occasional post now and then, as though he wasn't part of the Ashes 13 processes and lack of transparency. He was. I called that sleazeball out 5 years ago when he told lies about AC09.

I look forward to the expected half-baked defense that someone other than Firth will present in response to this post. "He wasn't part of Trickstar at that time and place" or "he was bound by confidentiality agreements" - oh please, cut the crap. He was a cog in that rusty motor.

I for one won't let you get away scot-free, Firth.

I think everyone knows that I was "a cog" in Ashes 13. No arguments. I'm still posting/reading because I'm passionate about cricket games is all, whatever you may think. There are people here I like.

As for apologies regarding AC13, I saw some pretty categorical apologies in a very public press release addressed to every fan, licensors and actually pretty much everyone involved. Not sure that can be denied? That release, I think, expressed the disappointment in the end result unilaterally.

Ooh, and as I've said many times... I'm still happy to discuss Ashes 09 (by PM or publicly: your choice) and address lies you think are outstanding where I can. (although maybe this isn't the right forum for that: general cricket games chat maybe?).

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am yet to receive any direct correspondence regarding my purchase nor have I received any indirect correspondence regarding how to obtain a refund.

The apology made further promises of restitution which are to this date left unfulfilled, which renders the apology less than sincere.

The eventual release of what is the worst game of all time in any genre was quite clearly misleading and deceptive conduct.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The email I received from the ECB told me to contact 505 Games for a refund but yet the press release from 505 Games said that they will contact us. Confusing, but I think if you genuinely want a refund then you will have to contact 505 Games.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think everyone knows that I was "a cog" in Ashes 13. No arguments.
So how does it all go so wrong? I can't accept that when you were making posts on here early last year, that a game that turned out to be what it was could have been on track at that point.

Things like this,
Obviously we're working on giving you the very best online experience possible!
We facilitate editing of course so that you can make your own players, create yourself in the game etc.

That not only aren't just exaggerations of what's in the game, but things that totally don't exist at all in the delivered product.

Unless you're suggesting that everything you said about the game reflected the state it was in before you left, and then someone came in and broke everything and removed features before November, the disconnect between the game as you described it in the months before the delay, and what it ended up being is too large for me to believe that when you were describing it to us, that you didn't know how terrible it would or could have turned out.

I don't think it'd be asking too much for a personal apology over the delivered result given your degree of involvement in it.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The email I received from the ECB told me to contact 505 Games for a refund but yet the press release from 505 Games said that they will contact us. Confusing, but I think if you genuinely want a refund then you will have to contact 505 Games.

Was that unsolicited? Maybe you're on an ECB mailing list?

I haven't received any correspondence from anyone related to the game, my day one request to Steam for the refund was denied.

From posts on here I'm pretty sure MattW is yet to receive correspondence regarding his refund either.

Given that the "categorical apologies" are said to be sincere then I wouldn't think I'd be the one doing the chasing.

Edit: Didn't see MattW's post. To be clear, Big Ant was commercially mislead and I accept that's a part of business, reasonably hypocritical for those on "never-disparaged-anyone" high horses to play that way but hey, all's fair I guess :)

As to the personal purchase of the product as a consumer or for all of those on here that have been undeniably mislead, that's a different matter entirely.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Things go wrong. As someone quoted, England were pretty confident of retaining the Ashes.
Best intentions, didn't deliver.
As has been apologised for in the press release quoted.

They were only "lies" in the same way as per above. They were our stated intents. We didn't deliver them, again, as per apologised for and, I think, all refunded?

I don't know what's going on as regards refunds: people that have claimed them seem to have been refunded? As per the press release, the game was officially cancelled, so those who bought it should get their refund. As far as I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread