Did Akram seek Pervez pardon?

R

ricky123

B) LAHORE : Former Pakistan cricket captain Wasim Akram has rubbished claims that he has sought a pardon from President Pervez Musharraf for acquiring assets beyond his earnings .
Reacting to a Sunday Telegraph report that said it was in possession of such a letter written by Akram in 1999, Wasim said it was "false and utter nonsense".
"I, Wasim Akram, s/o Chaudhry Muhammad Akram, having been associated with the probe that has/is being conducted by the Accountability Cell, Prime Minister's Office, do hereby acknowledge that my known incomes/assets are disproportionate to my lawful declared sources of income. This has led to certain negative perceptions in the public mind /press, nationally and internationally," the letter says as claimed by the paper.

The report went on, "I request the president of Pakistan , who is also the patron of the Pakistan Cricket Board, to pardon me from the above associated omissions/commissions that have been committed in the past. I hereby declare on oath that if I am again privileged and honored to represent Pakistan in international matches, I shall ensure that I shall abide by the PCB/ ICC Code of Conduct on the above matter

p.s:wasim has denied these claims
the times of india

R

ricky123

Originally posted by sohaibaslam@Feb 18 2004, 07:01 PM
May be a rumour, who knows :blink:? :wacko:
B) maybe or maybe not.......

but looking at the world cup final in 1999 i would prefer maybe he took money ,cuz the next day it self nawaz sharif came out shouting about it ,

Z

zaf1986

but looking at the world cup final in 1999 i would prefer maybe he took money ,cuz the next day it self nawaz sharif came out shouting about it ,

Making blanket statements are not good.

If Wasim Akram was proven matchfixing, show the evidence.

If not, shut up.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by zaf1986@Feb 18 2004, 08:11 PM

Making blanket statements are not good.

If Wasim Akram was proven matchfixing, show the evidence.

If not, shut up.
B) r u wasim akram
nerves.gif

pl.read carefully,
whack.gif
when did i say akram took money and if u cant read before u post
plz2stfufeeltehlovethx.gif
i said maybe
roflmao.gif

Z

zaf1986

I'm just sick of every other person accusing Pakistani players of matchfixing without any proof.

Show the proof - fair enough. Otherwise don't say anything.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by zaf1986@Feb 18 2004, 08:25 PM
I'm just sick of every other person accusing Pakistani players of matchfixing without any proof.

Show the proof - fair enough. Otherwise don't say anything.
wtf.gif
i will show the evidence in court not here
harhar.gif

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well Wasim Akram was never found guilty of match fixing, but he wasn't found innocent either. He was fined.

"The evidence against Wasim Akram has not come up to the requisite level, primarily because of Ata-ur-Rehman's perjuring himself. This Commission is willing to give him the benefit of doubt. However, there has been some evidence to cast doubt on his integrity."

That is from the Pakistani inquiry into match-fixing.

J

jeromedascorp

hey zaf, cant u just let it go man? its only 1 match that we looking at. maybe 2. and both r from the 99 world cup. If it was india that played in the same matches, i wudnt deny that they took money. i wud certainly doubt the indian cricketers. If it was the indian team that played so well yet lost pathetically, then i wud immediately suspect matchfixing. so just let the topic slide. Its not liek anyone accused the pakistan cricketers of fixing all matches they played. Take Kumble's 10/74 for example. Anyone wud have immediately said that it was fixed. BUt here's wat i think. The umpiring wasnt the greatest as I saw from watching the highlights of that innings over 10 times. In the end the umpire himself was smiling when kumble got the last wicket. I dont believe it was fixed. I also dont believe that kumble had the greatest bowling. He has done better in my opinion. But just let the wc99 matches slide. There is no point wasting ur time and eeryone elses over a stupid couple of matches.

Z

zaf1986

Pakistani players have been accused of matchfixing and some have been proven and others not. Saleem Malik, captain at that time, was found guilty of matchfixing in what was Zimbabwe's first win ever in a Test match (1995). He did not play for Pakistan again. So I agree that there were players and matches that were fixed. But to just say that every single match in which Pakistan underperformed was fixed is total and utter rubbish unless proven. My point is basically, when Andrew said, "you can't put Pak vs Ban it was fixed" is a wrong and misleading statement because there is no evidence it was fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread