Different teams.tem

R

rasi

I've got a way with which you can play play the game with different sets of players in each team. All you have to do is a bit of hex editing. I've given the step by step instructions below: ( Leave the quotes please ).

1) First stuff, copy the "cricket2002.exe" file and save it in different names in the game installation folder (eg. "cricket2002_1.exe").

2) Now use a hex editor to open the newly put exe file and search for "\Cricket 2002".

3) You should have two instances of "\Cricket 2002".
You should have something like this:

create MyDocumentsRegEnrty().\User...\Cricket 2002...\EA Sports..My Documents Path : %s..\EA Sports\Cricket 2002\User\...

Now replace the "Cricket 2002" by any name. Be carefull not to exceed the length(12).
(eg. "\New folder " ).

4) Both the instances of "\Cricket 2002" should be replaced by the folder name ( here "\New folder " ). Don't bother to create a folder. The game will create one by itself when you run it using the exe file.

5) Do the same for all the newly pasted exe files.

6) Run the game with each of the new exe files and you have the new "teams.tem" corresponding to each exe file and in the corresponding folder.

You could edit the new exe files to change the team names , names of stadiums , stadium capacity , ends , etc. Now each exe file has its own special teams and players and you can have infinite fun.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
No need to do all this.

Rename the teams using a hex editor and save as a different exe.

Make sure you rename all abbreviations in the exe.

Create new ctms with these abbreviations as the name

Just click Restore Teams every time you play the game

A

Admin

Nice alternate method Iniyan.

/if you use the method Andrew has mentioned you can avoid the need to restore teams each time by writing a small program that deletes the teams.tem file each time the game starts thereby forcing the game to create a new one ;)

Users who are viewing this thread