Dinesh Karthik

puneet28

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think S. Badrinath deserved place than Karthik. What hell he has to do to get a place in Indian team. he is about 30 years old now.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I agree. Karthik is there as a second choice wicket keeper but also doubles as an occasional pure batsman, which is fine. Badri deserves his own spot. Look at the team when Badri's solidity is added -

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
S Badrinath
MS Dhoni
That's the top order. Middle order is completely fluid on the match scenario. Seriously, we're damn good.

Plus add the services that the likes of Abhishek Nayar, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli etc can provide. Those are the real people he's competing with. The only real reason India is struggling/not going to do so well in this tournament is because of the exodus of injuries.

I simply can't believe how Badri was overlooked when there were so many spots available for him to comfortably play practically every game in the XI. Simply stupid. We've gone with so many '6er h1tt3rz' that we've forgotten the need for a level headed guy who can do both in the middle order. Dhoni just can't step it up any more unfortunately, but I think Badri can.

For the test team, Badri should be an absolute shoe in ahead of Yuvraj. Yuvraj simply isn't a test match player, and has done nothing in the chances given to warrant a place.

Test batting order -
Gautam Gambhir
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
S Badrinath
MS Dhoni

Wow much?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread