Do 3 Sim cards only work in "3" phones?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just wondering? I am going to unlock my phone from Vodafone because I want a 3 simcard. Is it possible to put a 3 sim card and make it work in my phone which wasn't originally 3?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
from what i have heard, 3 service has certain features which require certain mobiles, which are available with 3.
eg. of these features include 3G, which require a 3G compatible mobile phone. when you purchase a 3 connection, and get a mobile with it, it would most probably be compatible.

on the other hand, vodafone may not be using 3G services, hence does not distribute 3G phones.. ( i don't have much idea about the services available in australia and hence this is just an assumption)

The best way to see whether your phone is compatible is just to make sure whether 3 also gives that particular model with its services, or any other similar model.

What phone is it anyway?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Sony Erricson K800i. Its a 3G phone, a ripper too. I use 3G Vodafone features like Mobile TV and Mobile Myspace with it so Im sure. I just want to change because my GF is on 3 and we can talk free to each other because everytime you recharge you get 300 free minutes:p
Sony%20Ericsson%20K800i.jpg

Abhas

Retired Administrator
lol..
actually my cousin came from Australia las month, and she's using 3. She told me that there are certain phone-specific features in 3 mobiles.

as far as logic goes, if your phone is capable enough, and is unlocked, there seems to be no reason why it should not work on the 3 network.

Still, to be on a safer side, just wait for some more time and get the inputs from the fellow australians, who would be more qualified to help you :p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Haha, thanks anyways mate. You did help a bit, your right but - maybe an Aussie with a 3 mobile would be more relavent. Cheers again mate. Reps.

Prakash

Executive member
I think you can unlock through wotan or davinci client. Try searching/asking at www.se-nse.net they would be able to help you.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Yes, it definitely should work, they sell those phones on 3 and most of the time are unlocked anyway. Although the phone I used is 3 locked anyway, so I've never tried other networks and vice versa. Popular choice that phone.

I love their network, mainly because of the packages and Cricket viewings.

...And btw, beware of the cap on the camera! It'll slide open for the rest of your life if you don't take care of it. Lol.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Haha, thanks for that. Im going to go buy one tomorrow then.

Yeah, its a habit of mine to slide that thing up and down when Im bored..Maybe I shouldnt!

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Yeh it's a good choice for its price, but you should also ask 3 just to confirm that they do, but I'm pretty it'll work.

Your choice what you do with your phone. Lol. It can become real loose easily and usually the camera turns on itself when it's like that. That's the only flaw to the phone.

And I'm also assuming you want 3 because of its $50 recharge? 300 minutes free, $100, 300 free texts (I think)?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
3 Mobile has the best bargains. I wonder if that Planet 3 thing will work - If I can get the Cricket for 8 bucks a month on that Sony Erriccson (which I already own of course), I would be so damn happy.

Damn! That slidey thing has scared me...Damn!

Yeah! Them deals are hell good! At the moment on Vodafone my credit lasts like a week:p The GF talks alot lol So them 300 minutes can go along way;)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Oh dear Hooper man, that is a terrible phone. I had that one before my current one and it lasted all of a month before deciding to do hullahoops whenever i tried to ring anyone.

You wan't a decent phone, without the worry of money, Iphone. With the worry of money, can't go wrong with a Sony Ericsson W850i

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Ahhh man, I hate it when people tell me all about the bad things about a phone AFTER I have spent 300 bucks on it:mad::p Sony Erriccsons lately have had some pretty angry customers, they just seem not to be lasting anymore. I wont buy a new phone yet, I have had it for about 2 months and all thats wrong is a slight scratch on the top left of the screen.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Sony Ericsson as a phone company is the best out there, except possibly Apple with its Iphone.

Don't worry about it, its just i found its a very "unexciting," phone. I hated the way it felt and it was just bland, and broke!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The iphone the best phone on the market???? It doesn't even have bluetooth!

Personally I'd not go near a phone that didn't have the word Nokia on the front. I've had Nokia mobile phones for over 10 years and never had one go wrong.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Sony Ericsson as a phone company is the best out there, except possibly Apple with its Iphone.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! That's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read Simbazz (no jokes about my posts here!!!)

Sony Ericsson make good looking phones that are good on the face of it. But they are the most unreliable on the market.

The top two are Nokia and Samsung.

Users who are viewing this thread