Do we need a ban list?

Do we need a ban list here?

• Total voters

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
A ban list saying for how long a particular person has been banned is not a bad idea. But there is no need to explain the reason. WHM has already answered why. The mods here are not like Hitler, that they will ban someone for no reason. And I think, if anyone goes through some earlier posts by any "banned" member here, then he will for sure understand why he has been banned. Well I could in almost all the cases.

I see a member come in, make about 10 posts in a day and then next day they are banned

I think it's quite clear and understandable that most them receive a ban either for multiple accounts or for spamming every now and then.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
So you have no problem in telling how long they're banned for, then? When does Aussie Ben's ban end btw?
Not really, but I won't be keeping a list. Aussie Ben is essentially perma banned, his comments on leaving didn't suggest he wants to be back, if he ever mentions otherwise it could be reconsidered.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
If we dont have a ban list then could there be a ban queries thread? Where if a member sees someone is banned they could come to a certain thread and just ask how come if they really want to? Essentially the same sort of thing but with a slight difference.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hey Colin, Dont take it harsh..

Just I support this as the people may think that the admin has banned the people for no reason..
I had a bad experience in one of community in orkut. I banned a person. He came up spamming the total forum scolding me as I've banned him for no reason..

P

pcfan123

I just noticed the guest thread. There are plenty of people in there appealing bans and what not. Had not noticed it before, I think it should suffice.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Who cares, they are banned, end of the story. What will you all gain by knowing the reason? If you know the person he will tell you anyway on msn or some other way.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
..or it will more easier if we know about it on PC.

If you really know the person and he still doesn't want to tell you this means he doesn't want you to know about it thus you asking for it to be displayed on PC. I am sure if you really are friends with someone and he/she gets banned you will rush on MSN and ask him/her what happened. Moreover if you are active and know what is going on you will know why someone got banned. Displaying reasons like this in open will only cause more humiliation for the members banned and rather than improving and coming back to the forums they will avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread