Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Lol what on earth happened to Victoria. Last time I checked they were 2/200 now they are 9/250! Drew got 3 wickets continuing his good form, not the usual haul for Hilfy though.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
:happy if Victoria lose we stay on top and we will probably only just have to win our next 2 games first innings, maybe 1 outright, but if Vics lose we stay on top :D

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's a good pitch, if Tassie win outright, they'll be on equal points and it won't take much to get their quotient over 1.

cricketmad09

International Coach
I have confidence in the Vics. As long as we get some wickets and dont let Tassie get away from us, because they have a sound batting line-up.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Tassie get first inns points, they bearly got past Victoria's total but like Victoria they declared which sets up a good finish. Victoria lost Marsh on the last ball of the day.

Must say that Tassie bowling llineup is coming along nicely, bunch of no namers apart from Hilfy but all are taking wickets at different stages.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Unlucy for Mash to get out on 88, don't know how he got out though. Vics struggling a bit at 1/4 but Harwood bowled well.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Mash clearly has a bit of a concentration/nerves problem.

His 50s are: 83, 94, 62, 77, 82, 86, 53, 52, 88

He shouldn't be failing after 80 so often. If he could get past 100, he'd be a damaging player.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
angryangy said:
Good return to the runs by Paine.

He was actually ill before that knock so that makes it an even better effort and it was the reason he batted so low.

From what I hear Marsh got a rough one on the last ball as it was a no ball according to a Vic fan.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
No declearation from Victoria yet, looks like they will bat part of tomorrow before declaring unless they have been bowled out. Hopefully it ends up in a draw.

Looks like we are going to see bottom beat top in the FRC game today. Tait looked wayward early on giving 8 wides but came back well to confirm his Mr death title. Dizzy bowled a good opening spell too.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Damn, Vic collapsed to leave Tas 314 to win and they chased it down with Harwood bowling a no-ball with 2 balls to go.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Who would have thought, Victoria now a chance to miss the finals especially if they lose one of their next 2 games. Only thing in their favour is Tassie play NSW so that is one less win for either of the teams.

cricketmad09

International Coach
angryangy said:
Mash clearly has a bit of a concentration/nerves problem.

His 50s are: 83, 94, 62, 77, 82, 86, 53, 52, 88

He shouldn't be failing after 80 so often. If he could get past 100, he'd be a damaging player.

I think the problem is his pure lack of talent. I admire the guy like hell because he gritts like hell to score runs despite his lack of talent, so when it comes to real pressure situations like when trying to score a hundred, he is found out.

Users who are viewing this thread