Don Bradman UPDATE 99.94b - Change Notes

Digibomb

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Try pressing triangle, circle or square (on PS3 DS3 controller) before bowling machine makes a sound - Don does a milestone (half/full century) animation. :clap

phani001

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My streak on CA latest update 99.94b with very poor/ Legend options. :cheers

1j8o.png

ethybubs

International Cricketer
Try pressing triangle, circle or square (on PS3 DS3 controller) before bowling machine makes a sound - Don does a milestone (half/full century) animation. :clap

It's a taunt (sledge) not a celebration.He is calling a shot to put the bowler off.

gamer22

Club Captain
Is it me or is it harder to play spinners in the updated version?

angad

Chairman of Consent
Is it me or is it harder to play spinners in the updated version?

Dont know if its more difficult after the update, but its surely the most enjoyable and realistic form of bowling for me to play in nets at the moment. After having spent enough time in nets, I feel that playing against spin in this game is going to be a real challenge, specially when the bowler is bowling well. As in real life, playing spin in this game requires a lot of patience, footwork, judgement of line & length, understanding type of delivery, shot selection and last but not the least if you are not sure about the delivery bowled at you, you need to play the ball late.

Having said that, if the bowler misses his line or length then its also the easiest delivery to score off. This game really brings out the most balanced battle between bat and ball, that too without playing any AI tricks, i.e. whatever you get will be a direct result of whatever you do. There is no cheating by AI. And yet it looks like it will be the most challenging cricket game ever made. Kudos to Big Ant Studios for making such a wonderful game.

Here is a video showing me playing against spin (am not the best I agree...but getting used to it more and more now):

As you can see, when the bowler bowls good balls its difficult to score off them....but when he misses his line and length, it makes it much easier to score off them. I try playing late and with the spin. Also, my initial movement it moving forward, and when if its short I move to the back foot and try to play an aggressive shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

angad

Chairman of Consent
One thing I wanted to ask:

There is a lag between the bowling machine sound and when the ball actually gets released (visible in the uploaded video). Does this happen for everyone???

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
There is a lag between the bowling machine sound and when the ball actually gets released (visible in the uploaded video). Does this happen for everyone???
Was going to tell the same thing, happens only for few balls though.
Is it a bug or no bat is to be seen in transparency mode?

fiction

County Cricketer
I don't have any delay in the sound of bowl being played and the release of the ball. They are in sync for me and oh, I'm running the latest version.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, does happen once in every 10-15 deliveries. Does not seem like lag, it is probably intentional.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've found when I play on my reasonable powered gaming PC (2 years old, but was mid-high spec then and given a recent upgrade to SSD) that I get constant no difference ball to ball between beep and bowl coming, and usually it's like 1/2 a second. When I play on my i5 tablet with HD 4000 on board graphics processor, there is a greater lag between sound and bowl, and it varies a lot between ball to ball. Hence why I think this is a issue with a bottleneck somewhere in the PC/Laptop hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread