Problem: Downloaded Team Not Replacing Existing Team

garydo

School Cricketer
I've recently downloaded DBC14 on to my Xbox 360 and it's pretty much taken over my life, it's an amazing game. Unfortunately I've come up against a problem.

After buying the game I used the "replace all teams" function and everything seemed fine.

A few days ago I noticed that the current England squad looked suspiciously like it had been nerfed. Overall stats were the same as Canada, individual players had ridiculously low skills. James Anderson had zero swing ability, Cook was terrible on the back foot etc. (No other international team seemed to have this issue)

I searched through the best online teams and found an England team with more realistic stats and selected to replace the current team with this new one. Nothing changed.

I then tried to download it as a new team (not linked to the England team), all that happened was that I got a second England team with nerfed stats.

Downloads obviously worked for me initially as all my teams have real players created by the community but now I simply cannot download and replace the England team I have with another one. (I've also tried downloading players individually and the same thing happens)

Does anyone have any ideas?

When you download teams you have an option to replace players' stats or only the resemblance. Try checking the option where you replace stats and any other option that comes up and see whether it makes a difference. I'm on PS3 and never had an issue but TBH I never really cared about the skills & attributes of the downloaded teams. I downloaded the teams which had the best resemblance to players and changed the skills of the players of the teams I used most often. Maybe you can use the same approach as a fall-back.

I've recently downloaded DBC14 on to my Xbox 360 and it's pretty much taken over my life, it's an amazing game. Unfortunately I've come up against a problem.

After buying the game I used the "replace all teams" function and everything seemed fine.

A few days ago I noticed that the current England squad looked suspiciously like it had been nerfed. Overall stats were the same as Canada, individual players had ridiculously low skills. James Anderson had zero swing ability, Cook was terrible on the back foot etc. (No other international team seemed to have this issue)

I searched through the best online teams and found an England team with more realistic stats and selected to replace the current team with this new one. Nothing changed.

I then tried to download it as a new team (not linked to the England team), all that happened was that I got a second England team with nerfed stats.

Downloads obviously worked for me initially as all my teams have real players created by the community but now I simply cannot download and replace the England team I have with another one. (I've also tried downloading players individually and the same thing happens)

Does anyone have any ideas?

you downloaded my england as the "get best", and they have had skills reduced per this thread

When you download teams you have an option to replace players' stats or only the resemblance. Try checking the option where you replace stats and any other option that comes up and see whether it makes a difference. I'm on PS3 and never had an issue but TBH I never really cared about the skills & attributes of the downloaded teams. I downloaded the teams which had the best resemblance to players and changed the skills of the players of the teams I used most often. Maybe you can use the same approach as a fall-back.

Thanks for the response, I tried both with and without the 2 check boxes and it didn't make a difference. I may end up simply changing the stats manually like you say.

you downloaded my england as the "get best", and they have had skills reduced per this thread

OK, well at least now I know why their stats were so low and that it wasn't a nefarious attempt to make England shit. Unfortunately I'm still unsure as to why I can't replace that England team with another of my choice. I either need to bring England up or be able to download every other team based on your ideas. As it is England are a 1.5 star team and every other major nation is 3+ and it's like sending lambs to the slaughter.

Thanks for the response, I tried both with and without the 2 check boxes and it didn't make a difference. I may end up simply changing the stats manually like you say.

OK, well at least now I know why their stats were so low and that it wasn't a nefarious attempt to make England shit. Unfortunately I'm still unsure as to why I can't replace that England team with another of my choice. I either need to bring England up or be able to download every other team based on your ideas. As it is England are a 1.5 star team and every other major nation is 3+ and it's like sending lambs to the slaughter.

i thought i did (and shared) New Zealand and West Indies too... not the others though.

don't know why the England isn't being overwritten though, my only thought on that one is that the team you tried to download wasn't linked or at least not linked correctly - did they have the paperclip symbol next to their name?

what you could try is to redownload the roster of the england squad player by player.

OK, well at least now I know why their stats were so low and that it wasn't a nefarious attempt to make England shit. Unfortunately I'm still unsure as to why I can't replace that England team with another of my choice.

There could be couple of reasons for the same...

1. Did you make sure when you replaced the England team, you downloaded some other user's team? It could be a case of you replacing Dave's England team with the same team from academy. Ensure you replace team created by a different user.

2. Sometimes multiple users use the same base team and upload it to academy. E.g., Dave's England team could be used by multiple users/team creators as the base team and they could have uploaded that team after making few minor tweaks. Maybe before replacing England team, verify the team you are trying to replace it with has correct skills & attributes in the academy.

Users who are viewing this thread