Dusty v Crumbly

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Differences between the two? Obvious parts of the world would be India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc, but which would be dusty and which would be crumbly when setting a game up?

I’ve always assumed a dusty pitch would deteriorate and crumble, but that’s not an option when setting the pitch up before a game.

Or is it just that crumbly is a poorer version of dusty?

Sahil180

Club Captain
Differences between the two? Obvious parts of the world would be India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc, but which would be dusty and which would be crumbly when setting a game up?

I’ve always assumed a dusty pitch would deteriorate and crumble, but that’s not an option when setting the pitch up before a game.

Or is it just that crumbly is a poorer version of dusty?
Honestly they should have given a bit more description of the pitches in the game!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Honestly they should have given a bit more description of the pitches in the game!
It is nuts that we have to figure it out for ourselves. There should be Pitch Analysis box that appears when creating a pitch and just randomly generates using stocks sentences for Type, Hardness, Condtion

Ball will seam.
Lower Bounce than usual.
Pitch will begin will to deterioate on day 2.

Something like that.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Trust me, I have asked and enquired about pitches. They don’t make sense to me at all.

Crumbly shouldn’t be in the same catagory.

D

Dutch

I like the idea of a good pitch description box: perhaps even with the modifier settings shown? This much bounce, this much traction? Perhaps in the modifier section a list of each pitch with its default modifiers so that you can tweak them
accordingly?

What would be useful info to have? Perhaps we can make a list here?

D

Deleted member 185125

I like the idea of a good pitch description box: perhaps even with the modifier settings shown? This much bounce, this much traction? Perhaps in the modifier section a list of each pitch with its default modifiers so that you can tweak them
accordingly?

Swing
Pitch friction
Pitch Bounce
Spin revolution
Pace revolution
Pace Min & Max
Quick Wear -Y/N

I also feel batting and bowling difficulty need to be tied into pitch type. But not sure how this can be implemented.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
accordingly?

I'd just like information that can help me determine my team selection. Like a Pitch Report you migth get in real life, doesn't have to be Slats on the pitch sticking a key in cracks.

Could be description of the pitch and weather conditions for day one. Then predicted deterioration and weather forecast for the subsequent days. Doesn't have to be spot on and maybe sometimes it doesn't always come to pass as anticipated.

Day 1 - green top pitch that isexpected to seam with moderate bounce and very little spin. Overcast conditions and humid weather mean new ball swing could be important.

Day 2-5 Pitch will stay in good condition but is likely to deteriorate on day 3 with sunny weather expect to dry out the surface. Spin could be play a role.

I like having random pitches but give me some information before I've picked the team and started the match.

Maybe the stadium and conditions selection should come before the team selection.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Sounds like similar lines of thinking. I’m basically plotting out pitch characteristics for stadiums in different parts of the world. I’ll tie it to changing physics sliders for bounce, spin, friction etc depending on where I’m playing and also how far into each game I am.

Glad to see people also think in similar ways

Users who are viewing this thread