Pitch Settings/Conditions (international)

BNE_Bull

School Cricketer
Hey everyone,

I have been looking around for pitch settings/conditions for international locations and i was unable to find a lot of information. When playing Tests or ODI's i like to try and be realistic with the pitch conditions that i am playing on.

I know you can edit the pitch to suit how you want to play but i enjoy the challenge of making them realistic in regards to where i am playing around the world. I also understand a lot of pitches these days are drop in pitches.

I am going to list some of my opinions of pitch conditions here in Australia. I am hoping people are able able to add to the list with their knowledge to help improve the suggestions.

Gabba -
Pitch Type - Dry or Dry & Grassy.
Pitch Hardness - Hard to Medium.

WACA -
Pitch Type - Dry, Grassy or Dry & Grassy.
Pitch Hardness - Hard to Medium.

Adelaide Oval -
Pitch Type - Dry or Dry & Grassy.
Pitch Hardness - Medium to Hard.

Melbourne -
Pitch Type - Dusty & Grassy, Dry & Grassy or Dry.
Pitch Hardness - Medium

Sydney -
Pitch Type - Dusty & Grassy, Dry or Dry & Grassy.
Pitch Hardness - Medium

Blundstone -
Pitch Type - Dry & Grassy or Dry.
Pitch Hardness - Medium to Hard

Those are my thoughts on some of the pitches in Australia. I hope people are able to add their own thoughts and we can have a realistic list of pitch conditions around the world.

Last edited:

Ark69

School Cricketer
Thanks bro for providing the natural aussie pitches..I normally used to play in standard hard pitches trying to replicate the bounce but the pitch looks extremely flat..will surely try this

Also can you pls provide me with the English pitches..I norally try grassy medium but the pitch then be comes a bit Asian type with loads of wickets being taken by spinners..I want to replicate the swing and seam out there

Users who are viewing this thread