Pitch Characteristics

The Quirkster

School Cricketer
Is there someone who could teach me how the ball plays on the different pitch conditions, please?

You know, crumbly, dry, hard, soft, grassy, pristine, and any others that I have missed.

And does the weather make a difference? The wind, the clouds, the temperature?

Thank you heaps, all!

rasdan

Club Captain
in a bit of rush bro but will give a quick summary.grassy pitches favour pace bowlers.dusty soft pitches favour spinners.A dry hard pitch will favour the batsmen.if a pitch is worn and has heavy cracks then that plays into the bowlers hands especially spinners.in terms of weather,if the sun is out and theres little cloud the ball tends not to swing much whereas overcast conditions help pace bowlers a lot.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
in a bit of rush bro but will give a quick summary.grassy pitches favour pace bowlers.dusty soft pitches favour spinners.A dry hard pitch will favour the batsmen.if a pitch is worn and has heavy cracks then that plays into the bowlers hands especially spinners.in terms of weather,if the sun is out and theres little cloud the ball tends not to swing much whereas overcast conditions help pace bowlers a lot.

Thanks

rasdan

Club Captain
in addition thought id state that i like to look up what type of pitch each ground would have in real life.the pitch im currently playing on at delhi park is grassy and soft whereas irl it should be dusty and soft.i think it makes it more immersive if using the correct pitch type although may make the bowling side toil in the field especially playing on higher difficulty levels

PjPage59

Club Captain
in addition thought id state that i like to look up what type of pitch each ground would have in real life.the pitch im currently playing on at delhi park is grassy and soft whereas irl it should be dusty and soft.i think it makes it more immersive if using the correct pitch type although may make the bowling side toil in the field especially playing on higher difficulty levels
What do you use to look up actual pitches? Would love to do that in my tour re-creations.

rasdan

Club Captain
Does wind play a part in bowling?

cant say 100 percent for sure but im more inclined to think that overhead conditions and the state of the ball are what effects movement/spin.i find that different bowlers make the ball behave differently.for example,i have ishant sharma and mo shami bowling and sharma is getting a lot of inswing bowling standard deliveries whereas shami does not and obviously its the same ball/conditions

Users who are viewing this thread