EA picks up Half Life.

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looks like the end is near for all gamers now :D :D :D

EA Picks Up Half-Life 2
Industry giant will deliver Valve titles for PC and Xbox.
by David Adams

July 18, 2005 - Electronic Arts will now distribute Valve's Half-Life 2, among other titles, according to an announcement by both companies today. The agreement covers Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition and Counter-Strike: Source for the PC this fall, as well as the Xbox edition of Half-Life 2 in October.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/634/634535p1.html

blinker_ts

School Cricketer
rite.... but wats goin on, how is this gonna work, valve develops nd ea publishes, or EA DEVELOPS? :mad :eek:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
almost no effect on the pc market. distro means nothing when you have to download half the game off the internet.

Sup3rFly

School Cricketer
Valve will still make the games. But I will buy any future ones off steam as the amount of white EA boxes on my shelf is getting imbarassing. Look like an EA Fanboy :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
As long as EA aren't making it i'm happy. I think it is just like cricket 2005 where EA disbrutes the game while HB studio made it.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I hope they get to use HL2's technology to make Cricket 2007.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well EA want a big name game and this is it. They probably are willing to get ripped off as long as they have a big name game in their collection.

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
I think you are right about big game, but i think it has more to do with international popularity, becuase in the US, they are huge with MVP Baseball, NBA Live, and Madden. Internationally, the only game that they have going HUGE is FIFA.

Maybe they also want a Big name game outside sports. Who knows. Ea Might make the game better although the game is jus too good already.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Every time they pick up a big game, they try to franchise it into the ground. That's what forced the developers of Medal of Honor to split and make Call of Duty.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They better not kill half life. Outside of sports maybe Battlefield would be their next biggest. But that isn't big compared to some of the other games.

Users who are viewing this thread