ECB offers to host Pakistan-Australia Test series

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
The England and Wales Cricket Board has offered the PCB to play its recently postponed home series against Australia in England sometime in July.

Though the PCB has already ruled out the chances of holding the series at any neutral venue, board?s chairman Dr Nasim Ashraf informed the members of the Governing Board about the offer.

Full article

I think that Pakistan should accept the offer as they get $10 Million for a game.

I reckon it would be so weird watching Australia in England playing Pakistan, would anyone even go?

Depends how they price the tickets. I think England tests are way too expensive as they are, if they are thinking of a similar price structure then now way in the world would I even consider it. If its reasonably priced then yeah, I'd be up for a days play (or two).

Not really much different to going to watch a oneday game in a triangular tournament. Something we don't see enough of in the UK anyway.

that would be great, the aussies sure woundnt mind because they would be getting batting practice for the 2009 ashes ... so the ecb are helping australia really ? well theyre not, theyre just helping out with the tour that was ment to take place, but you get what im saying ?

Pfft, playing it in England? Why there? So its neutral? Then its not a sub continent tour like its meant to be.

Plus, no one would go....Oh wait aren't there millions of Pakistanis living in England?

Loads of Aussies in London too :p Well in the bars there are, they must live somewhere!

that would be great, the aussies sure woundnt mind because they would be getting batting practice for the 2009 ashes ... so the ecb are helping australia really ? well theyre not, theyre just helping out with the tour that was ment to take place, but you get what im saying ?
Its way too early to be even thinking about batting practice for the Ashes, form will dip for all the players in between then and summer 2009.

I'd go if it was at Old Trafford, but with us already having a test and a twenty20, I doubt it will be. I'm sure they'll have to reduce the prices if it happens, people won't pay the same amount of money when England aren't playing.

I dont think that the PCB should accept this. They would rather play in Sharjah or Abu Dhabi.

Hats off to ECB, good guys, I really wanna see Pakistan play some real cricket!!!

Thanks, I'm going to get tickets :D.

I dont think that the PCB should accept this. They would rather play in Sharjah or Abu Dhabi.

what? we really need some test Cricket. What you talking about man? :rolleyes:

...The closest apartments to the bar. We Aussies aren't stupid:p

LOL,

Last edited:
Tests in a neutral ground? Interesting.
Aussies will have more of an advantage, no doubt.

I don't think a venue such as Abu Dhabi is ready for tests.

Users who are viewing this thread