England In India - October 2011/12

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
If ZAK news is true, wish we would have replaced him earlier with Irfan or RP, that could have been better other then waiting for his fitness results. Come on tweaking ████, you are NO 1 team, World Champions and you go defensive in each and every approach.

That article that Zorax shared has some great writing. Rahul Dravid is real hero who is always shadowed behind Sachin :(

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
who else thinks Zak is a little fat? shouldn't he be getting in better shape for suc ha big series?
On the subject of England's injuries, good to see Bopara back in the fold. Hope he gets a game. Tremlett v Bresnan is the battle to watch.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Forget the ODIs guys, the question is how are India going to drag back their terrible performance in tests thus far?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If Zaheer turns up unfit for Edgbaston, I would say send him back home and rule him out of the entire England tour. I know he has not been managed well by the board and selectors, but Zaheer deserves a kick on his back for managing his own body in such a shoddy manner. Look at how fat the guy has become? His fitness regime is shockingly bad, and he has acquired the air of being too heavy for his shoes. He knows India struggle without him, and so he has started feeling that.

Recalling Dravid in the ODI's is a good decision, but it makes me shudder to think about our future after the three greats (RD, Sachin and Laxman) retire. Then the ideal thing would be to never play any overseas tours and use the BCCI money power to schedule all Indian international cricket in the subcontinent. Thats how India can compete. Frustratingly hell!:mad:facepalm

War

Chairman of Selectors
England's squad selection

Bopara certainly doesn't deserve to be picked over Taylor and Hildreth on form in the last couple months.

But obviously Flower and selectors wanted a like-like for replacement for Trott, with regards to batsman being able to bowl some part-time medium pace.

So in way if IND get Khan back fit a middle-order of ENG with Morgan/Bopara looks slightly unstable. Failure for Bopara though would banish his from the test set-up for a long time though.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Oh dear. Zak bowls 3 overs and that's that. India's not gonna get 20 wickets without him. No way is he gonna play the next test, and probably out for the rest of the series. Ate too many laddoos after the world cup.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Good that Dravid was selected. One of the greatest cricketers of all time has already been slapped in the face twice for no apparent reason so it's the last the selectors can do. It's sad because however well he does (assuming he does well), he will be dropped anyway. Don't select him if you're just going to drop him after 5 matches. It's an insult to one of the greatest servants to Indian cricket.

:thumbs

Bopara is another disappointing selection. Bopara is just an ordinary batsman, but with the Indian bowling be so poor, I wouldnt be surprised he gets runs as well.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Well, I'm going by the fact that he only bowled 3 overs. Following which, I googled a couple of Indian news agencies which suggest that Zak might be out for the rest of the series.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
If ZAK news is true, wish we would have replaced him earlier with Irfan or RP, that could have been better other then waiting for his fitness results. Come on fried chickening ████, you are NO 1 team, World Champions and you go defensive in each and every approach.

That article that Zorax shared has some great writing. Rahul Dravid is real hero who is always shadowed behind Sachin :(

every time dravid does well all the indian fans go "so unfair, he gets no respect." then sachin scores a 60 runs in a chase and it's back to "who's david?"

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Bopara is better than Taylor, come on!! Plus he has the added advantage of being able to bowl. I think Bell at 3 and Bopara coming in at 5 is still a pretty strong batting line up. England are still favourites.
I completely agree Sai that Zak needs a kick up the back side to get himself back in shape, but what I find quite annoying is the fact that everyone keeps laying the blame of India losing two games on their tough schedule set up by the BCCI. England and Australia have been equally as busy, in fact, leading up to the world cup, English players spent less than a week at home, then they came back to play SL and now India.
The reason India have not been able to be competitive with England is because their bowling is too weak and the hyped up batting has not yet fired, with Tendulkar seriously under performing, Lazing playing well and Dravid the only one who has been exceptional.
Everyone thought it would be England's bowling versus India's batting but the English have been better in every department. It's as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread