England In India - October 2011/12

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
2 down (RD, VVS), 1 to go (SRT) and then I'm done watching this series. I can't believe I have gotten up to watch every day of this series. I don't think I've seen a more frustrating series as an Indian fan. It's not that they lost, it's that they didn't even try to win. Thank god it's over because I watch this anymore without losing my sanity.

Ravi Shastri, please shut up. We know you're being paid a lot of money to spread BCCI's word but the fault is not of the technology, but of the person who is using it to make decisions.

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Regarding that stumping of Sachin's, how big a let off might that turn out to be for the Poms?

lol, Dravid's saying his gut feeling said that he had nicked it. Nevertheless, hail the LEGEND!

Forecast's predicted to be sunny for the whole of Day 5.

----------

"No one is ever going to question BCCI's constant provoking of the usage of technology from now" - Ravi Shastri, supported by Sunny Gavaskar after that dismissal of Dravid.

Seriously, are these guys for real? Wasn't it the very same technology that saved Dravid, 15 minutes before his controversial dismissal?

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Indeed, Haarithan.

Still, in any other series not involving India we don't have to listen to the baseless crap about DRS. Not everyone is as deluded, thankfully.

Good days cricket, some fight from India (well, Dravid and a bit of Mishra). England worked hard today, tomorrow could be a long day, pitch is looking good for Swann and I want to see KP have some overs in the morning session too.

sp232426 - No it didn't. If anything Snicko showed an edge, I still believe HotSpot showed a white mark within the white spot after it passed the bat. Dravid admitted to the edge, as well, which matters more than anything else.

Colin - Weather for tomorrow is looking fine. Rain in the evening is possible. Big morning session. 3 wickets please.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
sp232426 - No it didn't. If anything Snicko showed an edge, I still believe HotSpot showed a white mark within the white spot after it passed the bat. Dravid admitted to the edge, as well, which matters more than anything else.

HotSpot showed that white mark because bat touched pad before it went on to play the ball. Also snicko did not show anything when ball was near batg but when the ball passed the bat, at that time bat and pad contact showed some result in snicko. Otherwise it was not out.

And Dravid said his gut feeling was that "HE THOUGHT" he nicked it a bit.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Dravid was not out as they just shown in snicko

He was out. Snicko showed a line at the exact moment the ball past even though it was hard to pick up with the back ground noise. Also there was a deflection.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It's a miracle Sehwag survived 67 balls! The big guns from India have been a real let down, this is the type of situation that Laxman usually thrives on but hes gone cheaply once again, maybe it's just Australia.

Bresnan is just so consistent, keeps at you and keeps on picking up wickets.

P

pcfan123

I don't think a win is that easy here, they could leave England needing 10+ from the last session or just flat out draw it.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think a win is that easy here

One wicket and Raina walks out to the crease. And Gambhir is badly concussed. I back us to win it.

We'd better do, got ?70 riding on it.

----------

Also its spinning square.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He was out. Snicko showed a line at the exact moment the ball past even though it was hard to pick up with the back ground noise. Also there was a deflection.

You really can't say it with such conviction. On the rules of UDRS, there was no hard evidence from the replays that could overturn the on turn umpire's decision. It was later revealed by Rahul himself that he felt he got a feather on the ball, but based on what we have seen there simply wasn't enough there in the replays and hotspot to give him out.

But its whatever. I am so over this series, and Dravid has nothing else to prove anyway. Just unfortunate for his last innings in England to be ended this way.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think you can. There was an obvious deflection.

The line was after the ball past the bat. Before that, there was nothing in snicko.

By hit hitting it? As he himself has said he did?
As I posted above
He said this:"My gut feeling was that I THOUGHT I nicked it a bit.

ferg512

International Coach
Looks like that was Sehwag's last innings of the tour, funny isn't it how he never picks up injuries when hes having a field day on flat sub continent wickets smashing bowlers everywhere..

P

pcfan123

tried watching highlights, only Star Cricket available. Had to mute it because I was so sickened by Gavaskar and Shitstri.

Users who are viewing this thread