England In India - October 2011/12

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
:D -

England paceman Chris Tremlett is a doubtful starter for the second Test against India as he is yet to recover from a hamstring problem and stiff back, local media reported on Thursday.

"Tremlett also has a stiff back after his exertions in the dramatic first Test victory at Lord's," the report added.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Oh no! We'll have to bring Bresnan in at the ground which swings the most in England...

International Coach
Zaheer ruled out the second test,which was to be expected but even Gambhir is a doubtful starter.Things getting worse for India.

Sureshot

Executive member
Oh no! We'll have to bring Bresnan in at the ground which swings the most in England...

Indeed, gives us much deeper batting too.

I don't mind one of our seamers going down, we've got plenty of back up. Spinner or keeper would be more worrying.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
I'm sure the BCCI's overall objective is to get the best players on the ultimate stage

War

Chairman of Selectors
Indeed, gives us much deeper batting too.

I don't mind one of our seamers going down, we've got plenty of back up. Spinner or keeper would be more worrying.

Generally losing would be be yea. But if conditions stay seamer friendly, it might not be an issue also even if Swann gets injured.

Since lets be fair Swann role this entire summer may very well end up being a holding role while the quicks take wickets. So if he where to get injured and England pick a 4-man pace attack, that could be very lethal in English conditions.

War

Chairman of Selectors
IPL doesn't count, it's 4 overs bowling, an hour in the field and he doesn't bat.

The workload is a lot, I'm not saying it isn't, but Test cricket builds up the bodies strength, not the hit and giggle stuff in the IPL and of course World Cup is more overs, but it's still only 10 in a day, not the 20-25 or so he'll be bowling in a test day.

Also, I was blaming the BCCI, they are responsible for the management of their international players.

Although the IPL is only 4 overs and the WC was only 10. All those series India have played since their home series have been virtually back-to-back-to-back. They have hardly had a week or two break between all those series and for a fast-bowler that is not good enough recovery time.

But yea its BCCI who horrific scheduling are messing up their players.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I wouldn't say it's a strike off for the other teams but India were the busiest team in the recent months. Call IPL Domestic but they had all the senior important Indian players involved in it who can't pop their backs with injuries at the moment.

Just in terms of Discipline I like how Praveen Kumar bounced back since the WI tour. He's picked in all the matches since then. He knows how to keep fitness.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If Gambhir is ruled out, it upsets our batting order heavily. Friggin' irritating of Sehwag and his foolish-ness in playing the IPL inspite of having that shoulder niggle merits a look-in.

People are talking about Dravid opening, but I would actually risk Yuvraj or Raina opening the innings with Mukund and have Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman coming in their respective places. If the opening pair clicks and stays in there for 15 odd overs, it helps Dravid and the others who are coming down the order. Even if Raina or Mukund fail, Dravid is used to playing against the new ball and we still have enough heavyweights after him to come. Raina is the guy in form, he has improved his technique (slightly) against short pitched deliveries in the sense that he leaves more deliveries nowadays. I think my lineup would be this

A Mukund
S Raina
R Dravid
S Tendulkar
Y Singh
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni
H Singh
P Kumar
I Sharma
S Sreesanth

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Never ever I'd let Yuvraj or Raina open. Dravid is the best option. Why would we have Dravid and Tendulkar in at say 15 for 2 rather than Dravid and Mukund at 10 for no loss?

coolz_hari

International Coach
I don't understand the point. The ICC rankings are based on your last series home and away against all the test playing nations. England will have more points than India if they beat them at home; it's a mathematical rather than an absolute thing.

i really want to see how england play with SA in SA & vs Indian in india .if england can win the series there then with no question england will become number 1

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Never ever I'd let Yuvraj or Raina open. Dravid is the best option. Why would we have Dravid and Tendulkar in at say 15 for 2 rather than Dravid and Mukund at 10 for no loss?

Or bring Saha in for Gambhir and let him open.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Or bring Saha in for Gambhir and let him open.

That might happen if Dhoni decides to bowl in this match too. :p

Anyways I think its quite obvious that Yuvraj will be replacing Gambhir (if ruled out) and Dravid will open. So much hype for the series and its going terribly wrong for India so far.

Users who are viewing this thread