Story England: The New Breed! Kev Mead Called Up and Deputises as Skipper (ICC 06)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Congratulations to Kev on his newly appointed captaincy.

Usy and Ahmed, I havn't made those injuries up, you are actually injured in the game!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
What, Crouch still isn't selected! What does he have to do, average 200 with the bat and under 10 with the ball!!! :mad: :mad

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, Crouch's stats seem a little fake to me ;) You will be selected V.soon

CricNews will be posting day VERY VERY soon, stay around!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
cricnewsnv9.gif

4 Wickets - 1st Morning
Hello and welcome to CricNew's, Im Geraint Jones, and what a morning this has been. Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bat.

Kev Mead said a few words "Yeah we would have taken a bat, it looks to have a few good runs in it, and surely one or two of our lads would have taken to this pitch and maybe scored big, all we need to do is bowl them out for 350 or less and we will be in a great position."

The first wicket to fall was quite a relief, the Sri Lankan openers had put on 41, and it looked like it could be the start of a long and destroying partnership.

Cullington, the new boy, was asked to bowl a few overs and he did with real pace, and unbelievably on this pitch, swing. Cullington had got Sangakkara to rock back in his crease and then bowled a ball which bounced a little higher than usual, it speed up off the pitch and took the middle stump out of the ground, Cullington was mobbed by the adoring England team.

1stwicketpb1.jpg

Top Class Bowling From The Debutant

Cullington was again the bowler for the second wicket, two balls after 'keeper
Sangakkare departed, Jayawardene went to a top class quick straight ball, it stayed in line with middle stump and all Jayawardene could do was put in a strong defensive block the ball deviated off the pitch, hit his pads, and Jayawardene was on his way for a duck.

2ndwicketsl3.jpg

Another Classy Ball From Cullington!

The score moved along nicely with Thangara and Samaweera but at 82/2 Cullington struck again, he had playing at a short which was short of the length and was what looked to be mis-aimed as it was wide outside offstump. The opener Thangara wafted his bat and the ball and it took a brilliant high catch from Briggs to dislodge the stubborn opener.

3rdwicketgz9.jpg

Culli is on FIRE!

Just before lunch, the score was 123/3, the captain Mead had been switching Barrow and Davie round and one end and had youngster Cullington firing at the other, Cullington was rested in place of the captain and 3 balls before lunch, Mead stuck and bowled a ball that legendary seamer Glenn Mcgrath would have been proud of. The ball didnt bounce as normal and it low, Samaweera made room for a shot which just wasnt there to start with, the ball got a big underside edge off the bat and it took a world class diving catch from Mcpinch to get rid of the number 4 batsman.

4thwicketfq8.png

The CaptainMust Have Felt Left Out!

Well, What a morning session that is, Cullington in his debut match is already on 3 wickets, and the captain has picked up 1, what will the rest of today turn out like? Find out after lunch, stay around because during the lunch break our panelists will be giving us thier views on this mornings play.​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13648

3 wickets =] What a legend I am :rolleyes: Nice play lads lets bowl them out after lunch lads

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
What a debut so far from Culli; I must say, i'm loving watching this in my hospital bed!:p

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
I'm still not selected :( I tried really hard and got 6-29 in a recent game :( Looks like I will have to try harder in training.

D

Deleted member 13648

Sangkakara, Jawardena and Tharanga all in one spell of bowling :D I'm well pleased with that. C'mon team! :clap

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
hmmmm....i wasnt that clever as Evo is, he can decide im sure

Users who are viewing this thread