England tour of South Africa 09/10

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looking up stats, its interesting. England have failed to win 7 home series this last decade, India 6, SL 7, WI 10 and NZ 12 ( out of 17 series). Aus failed to win 3, lost only one to SA. I guess fairly predictable figures.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Well this decade won't be Australia's I reckon. SA, England, and India all have chances to be the best this decade, but India are still unproven away from home. By the end of this decade, Pakistan could be very impressive if things go right.

Robelinda

International Coach
All signs point it being rather close for a few years, SA could do well if Steyn continues his good form, strike bowlers win you matches. Aus were a good team, then along comes Warne and McGrath. We always had top batsmen. So I guess whichever teams develop their bowlers will be on top, which aint going to be India. If Pakistan play a lot in England and overseas in general that could work in their favour with their bowling attack.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
But, having a good bowling attack may become null and void in a couple of years if pitches get flatter.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
But, having a good bowling attack may become null and void in a couple of years if pitches get flatter.

ICC could fix that problem, by imposing strict fines on the board for flat pitches. This is mainly a problem for the Sub Continent. They should leave a tinge of green on their pitches, so at least we get to see a fourth innings.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
ICC could fix that problem, by imposing strict fines on the board for flat pitches. This is mainly a problem for the Sub Continent. They should leave a tinge of green on their pitches, so at least we get to see a fourth innings.
I hadn't thought of that, but love the idea :clap

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes Flat Pitch With Nothing For Bowler's 90% fine Of The Revenue Earned From That Match

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
The pitches in South Africa didn't offer a lot until the last test when they got desperate, so I don't really think any South African fan can jump up on their high horse with regards to Indian pitches.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Are you kidding? All four pitches were pitches where results were more than possible, and there was something in it for the bowlers. That spell Steyn had against Collingwood, would not have had happened, if the pitch was dead flat. (As in India).

Maybe the pitch in the first test was flat, but it had a lot for the spinner, and the new ball was deadly there. 2nd pitch was initially flat, but England bowler's showed bowling at good length's consistently would get you the wickets.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
The pitches in South Africa didn't offer a lot until the last test when they got desperate, so I don't really think any South African fan can jump up on their high horse with regards to Indian pitches.

Well when we went to India in 2008 it was 1-1 so we didnt get pummeled either. And if the pitches were so flat during the first 3 tests in the most recent series with us and england, then how the hell did england lose 19 wickets in two of them? Surely they shouldnt have lost even half that if the pitches were supposedly so easy to bat on. Or maybe they were very flat, yet we still managed to take that many wickets regardless.

Owzat

International Coach
How many sides have beaten the aussies twice in a series this decade? I could probably look it up, might if I can be rsed later but need to go offline in like four minutes

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
How many sides have beaten the aussies twice in a series this decade? I could probably look it up, might if I can be rsed later but need to go offline in like four minutes

From the top of my head, India twice ( 2001 and 2008 at home)
England ( 05 and 09 Ashes at home )
SAF ( 08 in Australia)

Owzat

International Coach
It's quite amusing that since winning the Ashes in 2005 we've not beaten India, South Africa or Sri Lanka in a series, yet have now beaten the aussies again.

Puts our record in perspective, no ability to beat the top sides even remotely regularly.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Well this decade won't be Australia's I reckon. SA, England, and India all have chances to be the best this decade, but India are still unproven away from home. By the end of this decade, Pakistan could be very impressive if things go right.

Australia have the most chances of dominating since the domestic scene is very good so we keep producing great players.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Australia have the most chances of dominating since the domestic scene is very good so we keep producing great players.

Hmm not so sure about that. I mean I agree that you guys prolly have the best domestic setup around, but you dont really produce that many GREAT players. The last great players were McGrath, Warne and Gilchrist....I agree that you have good new players but I doubt we will see any guys of similar quality to the above three any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread