England under Peter Moores

wolf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't know if this is an utterly meaningless statistic or some psychological factor but I was thinking under Peter Moores we always either win the ODI or tests, but never win both.

West Indies (home)
won tests
lost ODIs

India (home)
lost tests
won ODIs

Sri Lanka (away)
won ODIs
lost tests

New Zealand (away)
lost ODIs
won tests

New Zealand (home)
won tests
lost ODIs

South Africa (home)
lost tests
won ODIs

This also shows that we have won ODI series against three top nations, but are struggling to beat the top teams in our supposed stronger format, tests.

EDIT: Sorry, I put this in the wrong forum, can a mod move this to the main cricket chat section please?

Manee - Done

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
What it shows is that England are a mediocre side, they have the ability to win things when things are going right but don't have the strength and depth of a top side to turn things around all the time. I'd say its probably more down to selection and quality of bowlers than being the coaches fault.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully Pietersen's impact as captain will inspire England. On paper, they are still a good side and if they can play together, like it was in the ashes and through England's success period, they will start winning again. Pietersen seems to have reunited that unity since he's been captain.

Users who are viewing this thread