England

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Stuart Broad (captain), Jonny Bairstow, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Danny Briggs, Jos Buttler, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Alex Hales, Craig Kieswetter (wicket keeper), Michael Lumb, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Graeme Swann, Luke Wright.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Seems to be the same squad I would have taken and I agree KP will be a big factor, or in this case, his absence.

My team is as follows:

Kieswetter wk
Hales
Wright (picked over Bopara due to recent performances)
Morgan
Buttler (a lot at stake since he is being promoted as the big star batsman for the side)
Bairstow
Patel (deserves to be in this team over so many other players, for a while I wasn't even a fan but I've learnt to respect this portly, talented bowler/batsman)
Broad
Briggs
Swann
Finn

The openers really need to prove themselves, Kieswetter in particular is too start stop.

I've included all of England's spinners, simply because they will be needed and looking at that squad, Patel is easily the 3rd best player in there (considering recent form and performances). Finn is the best paceman England have and is an automatic selection.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Broad too ^ Jos Buttler is in great form and Kieswetter too .

War

Chairman of Selectors
While its obvious KP absence is major blow. I think the rest of the world who don't have the luxury of seeing English domestic cricket, don't really realize how dangerous young players like Hales/Bairstow/Buttler are.

I'm sure the various teams would have done research on them, but casual fans probably not.

Even without KP i'd say England are good enough for a semi-final place, since they are one of the best balanced squads.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well Bopara is a mess, he shouldn't have been picked. Owais Shah i still maintain is very unlucky not to be in this squad.

Lumb shouldn't play at all and Wright will have some decent use i reckon.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wright will have some decent use i reckon

Wright has been very intresting this year in t20 , he made a century though .

Bopara's bowling is quite a mess but his batting under pressure is very impressive .

Users who are viewing this thread