English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Rooney change his mind like what Gerrard did 5 years ago?? Thats still a possibility. I hope he doesnt go.

Could Rooney change his mind like what Gerrard did 5 years ago?? Thats still a possibility. I hope he doesnt go.

That's true - Gerrard was very close to leaving, wasn't he? The boy needs to bang in a few goals, just get some things going his way again.

Edit: Even if we can milk someone like Man City for ?100m, we won't see a penny of that going towards transfers, just as it was with the Ronaldo saga. Time for Mr Gill to stop backing these damn Glazers - Rooney demanding a transfer should be seen as a screaming loud wake up call!!

Where are those Red Knights?? Not long ago, they were on the verge of bidding for the club.

Last edited:
That's true - Gerrard was very close to leaving, wasn't he? The boy needs to bang in a few goals, just get some things going his way again.

Edit: Even if we can milk someone like Man City for ?100m, we won't see a penny of that going towards transfers, just as it was with the Ronaldo saga. Time for Mr Gill to stop backing these damn Glazers - Rooney demanding a transfer should be seen as a screaming loud wake up call!!

Where are those Red Knights?? Not long ago, they were on the verge of bidding for the club.

I agree with you, this Rooney transfer saga could be a wake up call. I guess if Rooney leave Fergie, Giggs, Scholes, VDS and Neville will all retire and that leaves us with no marquee player and no player who single handedly turn the game upside down. No player who we could depend on for some class performances.

I guess it sort of depends on why Rooney wants to leave.

If he's had a bust up with Sir Alex, I think it's fairly certain he'll move on. If he's disillusioned with the Glazers, I think Sir Alex could restore some faith and hope in him. If he feels that he could win more trophies with another club, well, there's no need to convince him. Just show him what Manchester United have achieved. If he's tired of the British Press scrutinizing his every move (both on and off the pitch), well, a move to City will not solve that will it? He'd still be in England and wouldn't have moved very far from where he was previously! He'd probably move to Spain in that scenario. If he feels as though he's not getting paid enough, well, City will take care of that.

Alot of the chat over at the redcafe says that it's down to Coleen, which could infact be a very viable theory. I don't think it's down to do with the Glazers at all, although the majority of the fans hate them we have still bought in some talent. And the policy of brining in quality players, when they are quality, is just some United haven't done in recent years. But look what it did do, they sold Ronaldo for ?80million, and it's very possibly the knob could go for ?50million. Nani who was bought is now starting to be one of the best wingers in the premiership, fletcher is starting to be a shining light in midfield and Berbatov & Hernandez is the partnership of the future. No one person is bigger than Man Utd itself, and they will survive without that knobhead Rooney.

The place that needs shoring up, is not in fact upfront, it's at the back. United have not had trouble scoring goals this season, it's been keeping them out and Rooney has barely scored any this season.

Everyone is looking at this as doom & gloom, but it's anything but. Yeah the star names aren't their anymore, but what United's policy at the moment is to bring players in and then they mature and become stars. Not bringing household names that already exist.

There isn't any logical reason as to why he'd want to leave Utd. Unless he comes out and gives a valid reason, I'd consider him as a total ████ whose been completely disrespectful to Fergie and the club.

Did you see Fergie in that MUTV interview? He looked as if he was going to cry lol.

Think Rooney would fit into Real Madrid 1st team quite well. It would probably mean Mourinho may have to let Kaka go & make Ozil a sub player.

---------------------------------Casillas----------------------------------------

Ramos------------------Pepe---------------Carvalho-------------Arbeloa/Marcelo

Ronaldo---------------Alonso---------------Khedira----------------------Di Maria

----------------Rooney----------------------------Higuain-----------------------

Big Ash Cole should have took a chance to go Madrid as well. Since the left back position @ Madrid isn't really convincing. Two top ENG players @ Madrid would have been beautiful. But just Wazza will be fine.

What fun you could have the Real Madrid line up!

--------------------Casillas

Ramos--------Pepe-------Carvalho-----Marcelo

----------Xabi Alonso---------Kehidra

Ronaldo----------------Ozil---------------Kaka

----------------------Rooney

The 3rd line would probably just float about and have the freedom to interchange. Imagine that on the counter-attack!

There isn't any logical reason as to why he'd want to leave Utd. Unless he comes out and gives a valid reason, I'd consider him as a total ████ whose been completely disrespectful to Fergie and the club.

Did you see Fergie in that MUTV interview? He looked as if he was going to cry lol.

The reason is he wants ?200,000 a week +. He's a disgrace. United fans have stood by him even after the shite world cup and his love of hookers, despite being married and having a kid. This is why football is now crap.

I'n the form he's in now he won't get a game at another club. His touch isn't there. His passing isn't. At least when Berba's been out of form he's just missed chances. Rooney gives it away constantly. He's welcome to go to City and sit on the bench.

I NOW CAN'T STAND ANY ENGLAND PLAYER. None of them give a ████ about playing for this country. All they want to do is screw hookers or other peoples wives. Will not watch England play football again until this generation ( Lampard, Terry etc) have retired and Rooney can't walk because of beer, fags and him ignoring advice about his injuries.

Fergie planned the team around him. He's won a Champions league, the Premiersip etc and were not ambitious enough?

Football, the thing I loved in the 90's - early 2000's has now officially died.

God I'm going to miss Neville, Giggs and Scholes when they go....

Well all are saying United have recovered when Becks, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo and Tevez left the club and that was because we had Giggs, Scholes and Rooney. Now Rooney leaving and Giggs, Scholes playing their last season I guess its going to be very very very tough to recover from this situation.

So its like Fergie handing his successor a complete new squad to deal with.

Well all are saying United have recovered when Becks, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo and Tevez left the club and that was because we had Giggs, Scholes and Rooney. Now Rooney leaving and Giggs, Scholes playing their last season I guess its going to be very very very tough to recover from this situation.

So its like Fergie handing his successor a complete new squad to deal with.

I don't think football will recover from the Man City thingy. There different to Chelsea. Abramavich had a (realistic) finate money supply. These arabs don't. They can pay triple what United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and probably even Chelsea can with ease.

It's not the end of United by any means. If any thing we just need two class midfield players. We should be top had it not been for stupid defending. Berba, Owen, Macheda and Hernandez is a terrific lineup of strikers. Hernandez looks like he's far more of a natural striker than Rooney anyway.

I don't think football will recover from the Man City thingy.

The problem with the whole City fiasco, is they HAVE to now conform to the UEFA Financial Fairplay agreement where they only spend on the profit they have made. And at the moment with there HUGE wage budget that will be very difficult for them to do, which could stop them from getting into Europe. I think these rules come in at the end of this season so I think we have seen the last of City's massive spendings.

As for the United fiasco with Rooney wanting out. As many have said, no player is bigger than the club and this is exactly what is happening. Whilst at the end of the season could see all 3 of Scholes, Giggs & Rooney leave, I really don't think there is much to worry about. We will be pulling an 'Arsenal' so to speak. Had Valencia not got injured, then I don't think Giggs would be needed as much as he is now. We do need a back-up to VDS as at the moment there is only TK and he really can't fulfil that.

There is still a strong set of players to come through. Nani, Hernandez, Berbatov, Ferdinand, Vidic, Flectcher, Park & O'Shea are all solid performers. Berbatov is currently United's highest scorer with 6, whereas Rooney only has 1. The other side is that talent coming through, Bebe, Smalling, Obertan, Gibson, Macheda & Jonny Evans.

Hopefully Fabio & Rafael will mature fairly quickly and they should be good players. The talent is there, it's just not immediate.

Red Knights believe that Rooney's sale could lower United's potential value and the Glazers will be forced to sale. Hopefully Glazers wake up soon and sale the club before January..

Think Rooney would fit into Real Madrid 1st team quite well. It would probably mean Mourinho may have to let Kaka go & make Ozil a sub player.

---------------------------------Casillas----------------------------------------

Ramos------------------Pepe---------------Carvalho-------------Arbeloa/Marcelo

Ronaldo---------------Alonso---------------Khedira----------------------Di Maria

----------------Rooney----------------------------Higuain-----------------------

Big Ash Cole should have took a chance to go Madrid as well. Since the left back position @ Madrid isn't really convincing. Two top ENG players @ Madrid would have been beautiful. But just Wazza will be fine.
Woahhhh let Kaka go?! We're talking about one of the best players of this generation here. Is there a more graceful footballer in world football? When he dribbles, he literally glides - an amazing player to watch.

A Kaka + Rooney partnership with Ronaldo and x player cutting inside exploiting gaps, Khedira's driving runs and Alonso's pinpoint passing. Wow! Now that would be amazing. Rooney would combine the abilities of Higuain and Benzema into one, which is exactly what Mourinho was looking for in the summer.

But Mourinho said that Rooney belongs to United, and is a United player for life. I think he's hinting that he wants Rooney to stay for when he takes the reigns at Old Trafford ;).

The reason is he wants ?200,000 a week +. He's a disgrace. United fans have stood by him even after the shite world cup and his love of hookers, despite being married and having a kid. This is why football is now crap.

I'n the form he's in now he won't get a game at another club. His touch isn't there. His passing isn't. At least when Berba's been out of form he's just missed chances. Rooney gives it away constantly. He's welcome to go to City and sit on the bench.

I NOW CAN'T STAND ANY ENGLAND PLAYER. None of them give a ████ about playing for this country. All they want to do is screw hookers or other peoples wives. Will not watch England play football again until this generation ( Lampard, Terry etc) have retired and Rooney can't walk because of beer, fags and him ignoring advice about his injuries.

Fergie planned the team around him. He's won a Champions league, the Premiersip etc and were not ambitious enough?

Football, the thing I loved in the 90's - early 2000's has now officially died.

God I'm going to miss Neville, Giggs and Scholes when they go....
Yeh it's ridiculous. Not ambitious enough is just total BS. He's an absolute ████ whose sacrificed his reputation and status at Utd for a bit more cash.
Red Knights believe that Rooney's sale could lower United's potential value and the Glazers will be forced to sale. Hopefully Glazers wake up soon and sale the club before January..
No one could realistically buy Utd and do a better job than the Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread