English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Piss right off have they been 'just as inconsistent' as Man United and Chelsea. Chelsea have only suffered in their last two games, where as Manchester United still haven't been beaten all season. I'm sure that says something about their consistency levels.

United may not have lost a game as yet. But they have thrown away alot of games & caused themseles to draw alot. If they won those games, they would have a fair lead ATM. So they cleary haven't been playing to potential.

While City beat Chelsea early this season (when the blues has basically a full strenght side) & now injuries to key players is exposing the Blues lack of depth & they are suffering.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
As horrifically bad as West Ham were today, I'm really pleased with Liverpool's performance. In particular, the pressing by all the players on the pitch. There was a real goalscoring intent. None of that useless indecisive passing backwards that has really hurt Liverpool this season today. They were swift and confident when going forward.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Regardless of how many games we've drawn, we're still level on points with Chelsea, who had a great start to the season. Utd, on the other hand, have barely moved out of second gear, let alone reaching top gear - and we will - everyone who knows football knows that's true - generally, it happens in the next month or so. ;)

Memo to Agent Foster: Well done - you'll find the money deposited in your Swiss Bank account. :D

JBlues08

Club Captain
As horrifically bad as West Ham were today, I'm really pleased with Liverpool's performance. In particular, the pressing by all the players on the pitch. There was a real goalscoring intent. None of that useless indecisive passing backwards that has really hurt Liverpool this season today. They were swift and confident when going forward.

Yeah, Liverpool weren't really tested by a dismal West Ham. Lets see how Liverpool perform at White Hart Lane next weekend.

J-Psychic added 6 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Regardless of how many games we've drawn, we're still level on points with Chelsea, who had a great start to the season. Utd, on the other hand, have barely moved out of second gear, let alone reaching top gear - and we will - everyone who knows football knows that's true - generally, it happens in the next month or so. ;)

Memo to Agent Foster: Well done - you'll find the money deposited in your Swiss Bank account. :D

Steve Bruce probably received something from Sir Alex and this week is Foster's turn. Whats up with all the Man United connection?! lol

Anyway, we didn't really start the season that well from what I've seen. Yes, we have scored tons of goals at the beginning but it was down to clinical finishing when opportunities presented itself rather than performing efficiently like towards the end of last season. Now, whether you will hit top gear remains to be seen but judging by the highly unpredictable season so far, anything can happen. ;)

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, Liverpool weren't really tested by a dismal West Ham. Lets see how Liverpool perform at White Hart Lane next weekend.

No gerrard , poor away form , devastating winning form of spurs all coupled together really gives me only one outcome.

themuel1

International Coach
There is a possibility that you might win if Spurs suffer another Champions League hangover.

Spurs would need to be having the football equivalent of their stomachs being pumped to lose to Liverpool.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

J-Psychic added 6 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Steve Bruce probably received something from Sir Alex and this week is Foster's turn. Whats up with all the Man United connection?! lol

Anyway, we didn't really start the season that well from what I've seen. Yes, we have scored tons of goals at the beginning but it was down to clinical finishing when opportunities presented itself rather than performing efficiently like towards the end of last season. Now, whether you will hit top gear remains to be seen but judging by the highly unpredictable season so far, anything can happen. ;)

I can't remember a single season where we haven't hit top gear - as I said, it usually happens over the next month or so - Christmas and just after. I reckon that 3-0 at Stamford Bridge has fundamentally rocked Chelsea's confidence - they just don't get beaten at Stamford Bridge, let alone beaten so comprehensively. Of course, you've also got several key players missing. We've had a key player missing all season: Rooney. Maybe the real one will return soon when he regains full match fitness, so this impostor can be packed off back to the Look-a-like Ltd Agency.

You're right though, this season is so unpredictable, it makes for great viewing. :yes

JBlues08

Club Captain
I can't remember a single season where we haven't hit top gear - as I said, it usually happens over the next month or so - Christmas and just after. I reckon that 3-0 at Stamford Bridge has fundamentally rocked Chelsea's confidence - they just don't get beaten at Stamford Bridge, let alone beaten so comprehensively. Of course, you've also got several key players missing. We've had a key player missing all season: Rooney. Maybe the real one will return soon when he regains full match fitness, so this impostor can be packed off back to the Look-a-like Ltd Agency.

You're right though, this season is so unpredictable, it makes for great viewing. :yes

Losing 3-0 at home in the manner we did was really hurting but I guess it can happen once in a blue moon. The fact that we are having a slight poor form now apart from the injuries also has something to do with the off field problems. The sacking of Ray Wilkins was bad and the timing wasn't great either. It's really annoying that Roman keeps on interfering with football matters at the club.

Unpredictable indeed. The top 4 now are just separated by 3 points after Man City's 4-1 away win against a poor Fulham side. So much for the optimism of hoping Mark Hughes getting one over City. :facepalm

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I was seriously surprised by how much sense Craig Bellamy talked as pundit for the City game. Made some genuinely good tactical points, but the other two just wanted him to badmouth Mancini.

Lee1981

International Coach
Ive heard from a source at stamford bridge that wilkins said something racist to ramires at half time during liverpool match which didnt go down well.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Ive heard from a source at stamford bridge that wilkins said something racist to ramires at half time during liverpool match which didnt go down well.

I don't think Ray Wilkins will say things like that. And anyway, it's time for the media to stop talking about this whole Ray Wilkins situation already. It's getting annoying! Just let things flow normally again and see what happens.

Last edited:

Lee1981

International Coach
I don't think Ray Wilkins will say things like that. And anyway, it's time for the media to stop talking about this whole Ray Wilkins situation already. It's getting annoying! Just let things flow normally again and see what happens.

I agree but whatever went down with the wilkins thing has sent us into a right dodgy period.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors

No team has yet reached first gear to be fair. We (Chelsea) may have had a sensational start but we didn't play fantastic week in week out for the first few months. We had one or two games of brilliance but the other games were thanks to playing against poor opposition and putting our chances away.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So you reckon Chelsea can play better than they did in the first few weeks of the season? Come off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread