First Screenshots Released

in the first pic look at the wkeeper ............... he has not taken off the helmett when fast bowler is bowling..... quite unrealistic but funny at the same time

in the background there are two televisions, one showing the Sky coverage of a match in progress, the other showing AC13

Matt can I borrow your eyes please?

in the first pic look at the wkeeper ............... he has not taken off the helmett when fast bowler is bowling..... quite unrealistic but funny at the same time

Could be a really fine leg slip? [\Chief]

Well, comparing the AC13 pics with some pics found on google for IC2010, it does look like (all speculation though) they used the same set of 'core' animations (or the same actor), but tweaked them a bit to make them feel more natural now!! Some of the things that I noticed are:

a) Bowler now looks to complete his action and follow through better, while earlier he would just stand still after delivering the ball
b ) Batsman now initiates the backlift slightly earlier than IC2010, thus making it look more natural

Here are the pics....you can judge for yourself if the animations 'might' look the same or not. To me they look slightly different and more natural thus leading me to believe that the animations might look more fluid now!!

a) AC13 pics (as we all have already seen):

2vj7o1u.jpg

2vc70yd.jpg

2ugj51g.jpg

2qvvcdl.jpg

b) IC2010 pics:

gpfeaturesvideo_medium_thumb_w457.jpg

cricket_10_image_1.jpg

international-cricket-2010-20100318072418301_640w.jpg

they used the same set of 'core' animations
They didn't.

What part of they cannot use any part of the previous games is so hard to understand? It's not a conspiracy to tell us it is all changed when it isn't, it is literally all new because it has to be, another company owns the rights to all the elements of the previous releases, they cannot use it.

(all speculation though)
Why speculate when we know for a fact it is not true?

*head explodes*

I think we've now had the game compared to every other one out there - perhaps its safe to say it is a cricket game?

It's also great that we get pages on end of people talking about how gameplay is so important to them and that they don't care about graphics - a few screenshots get posted and then rage enuses because they never look good enough.

This is the first time I can think of for the first screenshots not being over-processed and totally unrealistic angles. A few people posted the press shots for AC09 and IC10 - the game never looked like that in regular gameplay, because they are taking a shot of cut scenes - this I genuinely believe is real in game shots. I hope that it's just some underpowered PC that is making things look a bit bad around the edges, but I think these are far better than previous games.

My test for this, comes from a press photo we got of Woakes and Chief - in the background there are two televisions, one showing the Sky coverage of a match in progress, the other showing AC13 -
View attachment 108921

I think they've very well captured the look of cricket games from how close they are.

people are just commenting on what they see... this isnt a gameplay video so they aren't going to judge gameplay? and based solely on the screens,, well then from what I see... it looks like its under development... i hope this is the case... its not the jaggies and no AA that look bad its actually that the batsman's face looks like its from cricket 04... trees in the background also look awful... and the textures on the kit is barely visible due to the contrast and oh... the fielders are have exact same stance :(... although i must say the texture of the pitch and grass and the shadows are good to look at...

i dont want want to criticize this game but i really expected it to "look" better than this... i really hope this is a beta screen cuz if this is really what it looks like then i can see why we haven't seen any trailer or gameplay...

BTW, ashes 09 actually looks better than this on 1024x768 resolution.. so i guess this is either a beta version since they said they wer making the engine from scratch and i dont think they'd wanna downgrade the graphics instead of making them better...

They didn't.

What part of they cannot use any part of the previous games is so hard to understand? It's not a conspiracy to tell us it is all changed when it isn't, it is literally all new because it has to be, another company owns the rights to all the elements of the previous releases, they cannot use it.

Why speculate when we know for a fact it is not true?

*head explodes*

This was the complete sentence:

"they used the same set of 'core' animations (or the same actor)"

Please use the whole sentence when quoting!!

And you can have the 'SAME' set of core animations if you get the 'same actor' to do the 'exact same' animations as he did with the previous game!!! You dont necessarily need to have the same files that you created when you made IC2010 with another company!

*tries putting back your head piece by piece. Its an important element for PC*

Hahaha... You really think they went out and hired the same guy to perform the EXACT same motion capture because they wanted to replicate similar movements for code they don't legally have ? I've officially heard it all...

And you can have the 'SAME' set of core animations if you get the 'same actor' to do the 'exact same' animations as he did with the previous game!!!
You have footage of the motion capture session - you really think they would go to the effort of tracking down the same person from at least 4 or 5 years ago (some of their mocap apparently went back to BLIC05, which would have been in development 10 years ago) just to be able to have things look similar to the previous game they don't want to look the same as?

It's different!

...the mo-cap dude they used was also left handed.

Hahaha... You really think they went out and hired the same guy to perform the EXACT same motion capture because they wanted to replicate similar movements for code they don't legally have ? I've officially heard it all...

No point replying to you...gave up on that long time ago :cheers

You have footage of the motion capture session - you really think they would go to the effort of tracking down the same person from at least 4 or 5 years ago (some of their mocap apparently went back to BLIC05, which would have been in development 10 years ago) just to be able to have things look similar to the previous game they don't want to look the same as?

It's different!

Well there is a general consensus based on that very same motion capture session video that the motions he was doing looked pretty similar to IC2010!!!

Well there is a general consensus based on that very same motion capture session video that the motions he was doing looked pretty similar to IC2010!!!
Perhaps because they are the general motions you make when playing cricket?

One of the interviews mentioned two weeks worth of mo-cap, we have about two minutes of footage.

Users who are viewing this thread