FOOTBALL Football Manager Discussion

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Much like Chelsea in my Blackpool save :p

In one final attempt to get back into the game, I have started a PSG save on the latest patch + wally's update and made them a foreground sugar daddy just to make it a bit more fun :p

Signed Nelson Oliveira for a fee of 4.2M, 1.75M upfront, 1.8M over 48 months and 750k after his next international appearance. I've never signed Neymar on FM before so I decided to do so costing 7.5M upfront plus 25M over 48 months. Also signed very talented young winger, Zeli Ismail from Wolves for 6M, so looking to the future.

I'm just wondering how I should go about my playing XI.

I think it would be best to play a 4-1-3-2 formation with a defensive mid and 3 attacking mids, then play the following team.

GK: Sirigu

DL: Tiene
DC: Sakho
DC: Lugano
DR: Jallet

DMC: Sissoko

AML: Menez/Nene (Maybe Neymar)
AMC: Javier Pastore
AMR: Menez/Nene (Until Ismail turns good :p)

ST: Neymar
ST: Gameiro/Nelson Oliveira

Just wondering how I should play them. Thinking Neymar as poacher + target man (run onto ball). Then play my two wingers as inside forwards with Pastore as an Advanced playmaker with run from deep with ball. Not sure whether to put my defensive midfielder as Defensive Midfielder (Defend) or Anchorman. Then I'll play Lugano as a stopper due to his 20 aggression and bravery and Sakho as a cover defender even though his cover specialty abilities aren't great. Only 14 anticipation and 13 acceleration. I just hope my players don't get in the way of each other up front though although it could create a whole lot of confusion in their defence :p

JBlues08

Club Captain
The akward moment when AS Nancy Lorraine beats Lyon 6-0 in the opening game of the season :p

Two days ago, I saw Lyon thrashed United 5-0 at Old Trafford! Wanted to see what happened in that game but it crashed when I clicked on the scoreline! :facepalm Restarted it and the game ended up 1-1. CURSES! :lol

Anyway, lost 2-0 on aggregate against Bayern Munich. Played the first leg at the Allianz Arena. Gave away a penalty in the 20th minute and they scored. Three minutes later, I got a penalty but Baggio shot it straight at the keeper! :mad Bayern then got the second goal in the second half via a header. Was pretty annoyed at the defeat as I had 4 clear cut chances to their one but took none of those chances and of course, the penalty as well! :facepalm

JBlues08

Club Captain
Baggio has done very well for me again. Scored 37 goals in 50 appearances but his number of assists dropped from 30 to 14 only though. Not that I care since assisting in goals is not a striker's job. :p

My other striker - Jurgen Winter - also had a very good season too. Scoring goals for the team when I'm not playing Baggio.

JW.jpg

Also, bought this guy from Ajax for 15 million pounds a couple of seasons ago but he's turning into a real gem especially after training him into a right winger.

MvdD.jpg

----------

Also, played Arsenal in the FA Cup Final and had to make 3 enforced changes in the first half! Thankfully, the team came through and we won the game. That made it felt even better because of their annoying 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation!

HFW1.jpg

In the Champions League final, this happened. Somewhat strange really.

SG.jpg

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Hedger: Try Neymar on the left wing, or on the centre attacking midfield, because he was horrible when I tried him as a striker, he will be more pathetic if you play him as a target man.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Much like Chelsea in my Blackpool save :p

In one final attempt to get back into the game, I have started a PSG save on the latest patch + wally's update and made them a foreground sugar daddy just to make it a bit more fun :p

Signed Nelson Oliveira for a fee of 4.2M, 1.75M upfront, 1.8M over 48 months and 750k after his next international appearance. I've never signed Neymar on FM before so I decided to do so costing 7.5M upfront plus 25M over 48 months. Also signed very talented young winger, Zeli Ismail from Wolves for 6M, so looking to the future.

I'm just wondering how I should go about my playing XI.

I think it would be best to play a 4-1-3-2 formation with a defensive mid and 3 attacking mids, then play the following team.

GK: Sirigu

DL: Tiene
DC: Sakho
DC: Lugano
DR: Jallet

DMC: Sissoko

AML: Menez/Nene (Maybe Neymar)
AMC: Javier Pastore
AMR: Menez/Nene (Until Ismail turns good :p)

ST: Neymar
ST: Gameiro/Nelson Oliveira

Just wondering how I should play them. Thinking Neymar as poacher + target man (run onto ball). Then play my two wingers as inside forwards with Pastore as an Advanced playmaker with run from deep with ball. Not sure whether to put my defensive midfielder as Defensive Midfielder (Defend) or Anchorman. Then I'll play Lugano as a stopper due to his 20 aggression and bravery and Sakho as a cover defender even though his cover specialty abilities aren't great. Only 14 anticipation and 13 acceleration. I just hope my players don't get in the way of each other up front though although it could create a whole lot of confusion in their defence :p

Wouldn't play the wingers as inside forwards if you have two strikers and neither dropping deep. You only really need inside forwards if you play a playmaker up front - dropping deep, obviously - when up against a very strong CB pairing and one or two DMs imo. Nothing wrong with classic wingers.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Hedger: Try Neymar on the left wing, or on the centre attacking midfield, because he was horrible when I tried him as a striker, he will be more pathetic if you play him as a target man.

What were you smoking to make you think Neymar would be a decent/good target man?

P Squared

International Coach
Was on a 10 match winless run with Droylsden, 10th in league 2 and then lo behold, 12 wins in a row, second place and promoted to league 1.

I love this game.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Feeling reluctant to continue my Chelsea save right now but IF I'm going to continue it, then I'll have some rebuilding to do with my squad. Need a winger or two and founded this fella from Villarreal.

Pinheiro1.jpg

Pinheiro2.jpg

He's a left full/wing back but I can obviously train him into a left winger as he has the right stats for it. Did the same thing to Marchel in this past season and it paid off. The only issue I have with Pinheiro is that he's costing me ?31 million because of his release clause. Wanted to pay only within the ?20 million region but Villarreal constantly rejected my bids. So, any thoughts on this fella? :)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
3rd round of the FA Cup with Man Utd, somehow find myself drawn against Arsenal away from home.

Then in the next press conference, "The draw for the FA Cup has been rather kind to Man Utd, matching your side against Arsenal, a considerably weaker opponent. Is that an assessment you agree with?"

fearsome tweak off.

----------

Oh yeah, and thank you Chelsea for buying Guiseppe Rossi. That meant I bought Marko Marin instead and he's scored 5 goals and set up 12 (topping the assists chart) with an average rating of 8.02 (also top) in 15 league matches, averaging 2.9 dribbles/game as well. Although Rossi has been good for Chelsea and is the second highest scorer in the league (behind Hernandez :p) with 10 goals and 3 assists in 15 matches. His average rating is only 7.33 though :p

Users who are viewing this thread