FOOTBALL Football Manager Discussion

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
fearsome tweak, lost 3-0 to Barcelona on Day 1. We were ripped apart in the first half but really dominated in the second but just couldn't find the back of the net. Nilmar had a shocker, always managing to hit it straight at the keeper or miss the target. Rossi played alright but didn't get a heap of chances. Need to rebound from that.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Started my FM 12 career with APIA Leichhardt in the New South Wales Premier League. Was top for most of the season, and I played second in the last game. Only needed a draw to finish first. Was up 2-1 but conceded in the 77th and 81st.

Championship is based on a finals system though, which I was then knocked out of in round one on pens. Had about 18 shots to 8 but it finished 1-1.

So after looking like I'd win the NSWPL fairly easily (you get the Premiership for finishing top, Championship for winning the finals), I ended up getting no silverware at all. Poor start to my career and a relatively boring season I must say. This add on had no promotion to A-League so was never gonna grow as a manager there even if I did win stuff. So I resigned and jetted off to the very south of Sweden. In the lowest division. Looking forward to doing Scandinavia, never managed there before

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
haha, good to see you managing where I grew up even if only for a season :p Well went to school in Leichhardt anyway.

Anyway, good luck in your career :p

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Hah yeah, I choose them cause I went out to Lambert Park to watch APIA a few times during the last season. Was always enjoyable

JBlues08

Club Captain
Have qualified for the EURO 2012 with England. Won 7 and drew 1 and that two points dropped came at Wales. :facepalm

Apart from me and the two hosts - Poland and Ukraine - the other nine teams that have qualified automatically are Germany, Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Romania, Sweden, Croatia, Portugal and Spain.

The other eight teams will have to qualify through the play-offs and the draw have thrown the following ties:

Czech Republic vs Montenegro (just like IRL) :lol
Greece vs Russia
Serbia vs France
Holland vs Norway

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Started my FM 12 career with APIA Leichhardt in the New South Wales Premier League. Was top for most of the season, and I played second in the last game. Only needed a draw to finish first. Was up 2-1 but conceded in the 77th and 81st.

Championship is based on a finals system though, which I was then knocked out of in round one on pens. Had about 18 shots to 8 but it finished 1-1.

So after looking like I'd win the NSWPL fairly easily (you get the Premiership for finishing top, Championship for winning the finals), I ended up getting no silverware at all. Poor start to my career and a relatively boring season I must say. This add on had no promotion to A-League so was never gonna grow as a manager there even if I did win stuff. So I resigned and jetted off to the very south of Sweden. In the lowest division. Looking forward to doing Scandinavia, never managed there before

If Sweden is anything like Finland then it'll be good fun. Having said that, I joined the best team in the country and won the league and cup in my first season (They were 2nd when I joined though). Enjoy.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
All 3 strikers finally managed to score in the same game. And all 4 should have scored but Ruben off the bench missed a tap in in stoppage time :facepalm

But Zapata is still topping our goal-charts with 5 goals... Nilmar has 4 while Rossi and Welbeck only have 2 each.

getafevvillarreal.jpg

JBlues08

Club Captain
Well, the EURO 2012 play-off ties sure served up a goalfest over the two legs.

Czech Republic 5-5 (a) Montenegro
Greece 3-3 (p) Russia
Serbia 6-5 France
Holland 7-3 Norway

France incredibly lost the second leg at home 5-3 after winning 2-1 in the first leg. Anyway, the group stage draw have been made.

Group A
1. Poland
2. Holland
3. Croatia
4. Belgium

Group B
1. Ukraine
2. Portugal
3. Sweden
4. Montenegro

Group C
1. England
2. Germany
3. Serbia
4. Ireland

Group D
1. Spain
2. Italy
3. Russia
4. Romania

Pot 2 was just insane as it had Potugal, Holland, Germany and Italy in it and I got Germany! And strangely enough, I actually have arranged friendly matches against Germany and Ireland before the draw was made and I ended up getting both of them in the group! :facepalm

Played out that friendly game against Germany and drew 2-2 after coming from behind twice. However, I decided to face Serbia in a friendly instead rather than Ireland.

And oh, the World Cup 2014 qualifying group stage have also been made and I got thrown into the same group as Israel, Lithuania, Macedonia, Azerbaijan and Serbia(again!). A straightforward group with Serbia the only real challenge I guess. Of course, depending on what happens at EURO 2012, I might not be managing those games.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Serbia is hardly even a contest in 2012 or 2013. I thrashed them during the World Cup qualifiers.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ok, I had to wait a long time before I could finally start my World Tour (waiting for most nations to be completed). So I've started by loading all nations in Oceania (New Zealand, Fiji, New Caledonia, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Vanuatu) plus Australia, China, England and South Africa. I applied for every job available at the start of the game and got a number of offers but I took one in South Africa, with United FC, part of the National First Division mainly because they were a professional side and I had only got one offer from a semi-pro side, the rest amateur.

And won my first 3 matches, signed Quinton Fortune and Kagiso Denge who made their debuts in this great comeback, Denge scoring a goal, an own goal and picking up an assist while Fortune assisted one goal.

thandavufc.jpg

JBlues08

Club Captain
Serbia is hardly even a contest in 2012 or 2013. I thrashed them during the World Cup qualifiers.

:lol Guess so. Just thrashed them 4-0 in the EURO 2012 group stage.

----------

Have won the EURO 2012 with England and managed to beat Germany twice along the way.

EE2012J.jpg

The best two results are obviously the 5-0 and 3-0 thrashing of Germany and Portugal respectively. If only that 5-0 win came in the final though. :p

MWwE.jpg

IWwE.jpg

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I don't know whether I should be impressed by our performance. We were up 5-0 by half-time but they managed to pull it back to 5-4 before De Wee finally put the game beyond doubt by scoring his hattrick. It was against the team just below us so it was a vital win, keeping our second spot while MP Black Aces still sit 4 points above us after 12 matches, while both teams have only lost 1 game. I've got a match against the 7th placed team at home before I play MP Black Aces away from home.

ufcvafc.jpg

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Despite losing our match against MP Black Aces, a good run of form while they have drawn a few games and lost one has meant we now lead by 1 point after 19 games (11 to go). Cedric De Wee still tied top of the scoring charts with 18 goals while Quinton Fortune and Kabelo Lichaba have 10 assists each. We have managed 59 goals this season, 10 more than the next best although we've conceded 29, Atlie FC, the only team in the top 6 to have conceded more. We've only managed 3 clean sheets in the league this season.

Don't know whether I'll stay at the end of the season. Finances are terrible, can't get rid of my players as I have a very high wage bill and 430,000 pounds in the red. I'll continue to the end of the season and hopefully get some funds injected in while we lose some of our worthless players who are inflating our wage bill.

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Hmm, what a gun this guy will be. Now I want to stay just so I can turn him into a great player. And just secured a playoff spot and now sit 7 points above second place so I should win from here. De Wee has now managed 21 goals this season.

tshepongobereportscoach.png

Users who are viewing this thread