Football Transfers Thread

tommyclarkey

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
gold639 said:

Thats what i thought but it could be true. Ballack has said that he wants to go to Man Utd for ?15m and Everton hope that they would then sell Scholes. It was the Sunday Times and tribalfootball.com that said this. Also Defoe has bought a house near Manchester and Man U are preparing a bid for him

carl johnson

Club Cricketer
van bommel is being bought by barcelona and figo is becoming a bad player loke sachin is slipping down.

Briggsey

International Coach
I think Van Bommel wud even out the Barca midfield line perfectly. They already have Xavi who is the attacking minded midfielder and now with Van Bommel they have the defensive quater sorted within the midfield too, he can also attack well too so i think its a good buy for Barca (or freebie even)

sachin

International Coach
Well i suppose Barca don't really have as good a midfield as some other high profile teams in club football(only in names of course),so he will probably fit in well.When i watched the PSV v AC Milan semi-final,Park Ji Sung stood out far brighter than Van Bommel,that why i may have disregarded his talent.

Zenden to Liverpool.How long ago was that done?He wants to play with Figo again(well who wouldn't).

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Zenden was very inconsistent during his two seasons at Chelsea. But I guess Mr.Ranieri has to take some blame for that.

themuel1

International Coach
sachin said:
Well i suppose Barca don't really have as good a midfield as some other high profile teams in club football(only in names of course),so he will probably fit in well.When i watched the PSV v AC Milan semi-final,Park Ji Sung stood out far brighter than Van Bommel,that why i may have disregarded his talent.

Zenden to Liverpool.How long ago was that done?He wants to play with Figo again(well who wouldn't).

Figo is extremely overated and he's old. I think Manchester United should let Ferdinand go, he overpayed already and thinks he's so important that he can relax during the middle of a game. (Did it a lot last season).

I was hoping clubs were going to start cutting wages, but this went out the window with Abramivich coming in, forcing clubs to up wages.

How do Barcelona afford these players? I mean, they got Ronaldinho when they were in millions of pounds of debt. Who lent them the money?

Briggsey

International Coach
La Porta got them out of it and plus some other dodgy dealings probably went on behind the scenes as well to help. How much did they even buy Ronaldinho from PSG for? wasnt that much compared to what Chelsea are prepared to pay. To think back in the days of champ manager when Ronaldinho played for Gremio, you could buy him for nothing lol.....

sachin

International Coach
Ronaldinho is amazing!I can hardly believe what i'm seeing half the time.Its good to hear about football clubs dipping their fingers in the vast crime pie.Anyway,i was never sure about Zenden,he was playing at Middlesbrough,so i didn't know how good he could be.

tommyclarkey

School Cricketer
The Papers are reporting that Essien has signed for Chelsea and will be unveiled today and that they are now aiming for S. Wright-Phillips.

themuel1

International Coach
tommyclarkey said:
The Papers are reporting that Essien has signed for Chelsea and will be unveiled today and that they are now aiming for S. Wright-Phillips.

I thought Essien had actually signed a contract for Manchester United. Apparantly Chelsea payed his parents (who are poor) money to get him (Essien) to go to Chelsea. This is pretty unfair.

I hope Shaun Wright Phillips goes to Arsenal (I'd rather United but it's not gonna hapen) because at Arsenal he will be played every week, unlike at Chelsea were he will make occasional appearances and we need Phillips for England.

May Chelski Crash and Burn!!!! (Position wise, not literally) :D

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well under Arsene Wenger, Arsenal have basically become a French team playing outside the French League. Apart from Sol Campbell they havent really done the England team any favours.

Similarly, Liverpool under Rafa Benitez is on the verge of becoming a spanish team (I quite like spanish football), and I guess apart from Steven Gerrard, you wont have too many englishmen in that squad.

But atleast by signing players like SWP, we are giving him a chance to play Champions League Football, and hence get used to playing with the big boys of Europe. This can only benefit England. Lampard and Terry, two of the finest players in the world, became stars at Stamford Bridge. Wayne Bridge who used to play for Southampton, became a better player after playing in the Champions League.

Last edited:

themuel1

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
Well under Arsene Wenger, Arsenal have basically become a French team playing outside the French League. Apart from Sol Campbell they havent really done the England team any favours.

Similarly, Liverpool under Rafa Benitez is on the verge of becoming a spanish team (I quite like spanish football), and I guess apart from Steven Gerrard, you wont have too many englishmen in that squad.

But atleast by signing players like SWP, we are giving him a chance to play Champions League Football, and hence get used to playing with the big boys of Europe. This can only benefit England. Lampard and Terry, two of the finest players in the world, became stars at Stamford Bridge. Wayne Bridge who used to play for Southampton, became a better player after playing in the Champions League.

Good points. Though Wayne Bridge is not in Chelseas first team.

Users who are viewing this thread