Footy Fanatic FX Discussion

dajesmac

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think it's necessary we make a thread for this. It's a fantastic game.

Without spoiling any stories you have going on in the stories section, tell us about some aweosme games/seasons you've played in, or what tactics are best.

OffCutters

International Coach
I remember in the Finals, I was playing with St.Kilda against Collingwood , Last 2 minutes, the score was something like 86-88(Me). No goals scored till the last minute. Max Hudghton plays on from the kick-in, runs straight into the trouble, Anthony Rocca brings him down, holding the ball. Free Kick 15m out, straight in front. Bang, Goal. Missed out on the Grand Final. FCK YOU MAX!

blake

School Cricketer
I don't really watch the commentary on FFX unless it's an important match, normally I just set it to very fast and let it run - although that's not ideal for making lots of substitutes.

OffCutters

International Coach
When i set it on very fast, i always get thrashed. Is that just me, or does that happen to others? But yeah, i dont do that as i tend to make heaps of subs.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its a decent game...Only because its AFL.

The stats aren't really realistic and the fact that some forwards are able to kick 3 goals and get 30 possesions is a bit off putting. As is Chris Tarrant averaging 25 disposals a game from the backline.

Also, end of season trading is a bit easy. Was able to snag Daniel Rich, NicNat and some other young stars pretty easily. I had the top 3 picks of last years draft playing for the Dockers. :laugh

One good thing is the scouting and the drafting of new talent. Very good reports on players when scouted.

Has the potential, but is lacking in some realism and needs a facelift. The graphics are shocking.

OffCutters

International Coach
Has anyone played VFL Coach? Its a FFX sort of like game, its free to download. Though i hardly know any players.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
No way, why would anyone apart from a Victorian play that game, especially when Victorians don't even know the players? :doh

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Premiership manager's looking good. Unfortunately you have to pay.

dajesmac

Club Captain
When i set it on very fast, i always get thrashed. Is that just me, or does that happen to others? But yeah, i dont do that as i tend to make heaps of subs.

Yeah, your players get exhausted if you don't change them (if you don't know, you can view health in the stats thing).

I've decided to do this experiment, where I play all of West Coasts crappest players, like all the 18 year old rookies, and no one else. I wanna see how much theyd evelop and how muhc I lose by.

Unfortunately, I messed something up and now can't start any new careers. :(

dajesmac added 4 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Oh yeah, and I lsot to the saints 203-9 hahahah.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Eagles youngsters?

Pfft, no wonder why you suck. :p

Masten? Yuck. NicNat? Useless.

blake

School Cricketer
The trading is very dodgy, you can get heaps of good players. I signed Daniel Cross, Daniel Rich, Pat Dangerfield, James Polkinghorne, Bernie Vince, Cameron Stokes, and about 1000 other young players and pwned all.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Eagles youngsters?

Pfft, no wonder why you suck. :p

Masten? Yuck. NicNat? Useless.

Hahah, nah Masten and NicNat always do really really good.

I mean I play like Rookies that would never ever make it, like Bedford, Arrowsmith etc Guys with skill of like 20%

Yeah the trading is flawed, you can trade 3 Mark Seabys for a Chris Judd.

OffCutters

International Coach
What...like Josh Kennedy for Chris Judd? Isnt so flawed when you think about it like that ;)

dajesmac

Club Captain
What...like Josh Kennedy for Chris Judd? Isnt so flawed when you think about it like that ;)

Haha, well all things considered we didn't have a choice, it was either pick 3 (Masten) and Kennedy for Judd or no one for Judd. Kennedy looks awesome though, and is only 21, whereas Judd is about 28. Masten is also proving to be a revelation. I think we got the better end of that deal, because Judd would have been good for us NOW, but we weren't gonna win a premiership with him anyway, but now that Masten and kennedy are in, they have at least 10 years in them each so they could very well play in a premiership one day. I'm not sure if that made much sense but, to be honest, I was satisfied with that deal. ahah

Users who are viewing this thread