Friends Provident Trophy 2008

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Final of the trophy today. Both Key and Denly gone already. Key probably wasn't out, but Denly clean bowled by Napier. Napier's bowling quick as well, he hit 91.2mph with a delivery in his last over. Michael Holding just said "he's not bowling fast but gets the ball in the right area" he obviously hasn't seen the speedo.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can they please look at the speedo 91mph, "He isn't quick but has guile" :rolleyes: He's bloody express.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
CARN ESSEX!! Great start. Need to keep the pressure up and get Van Jaasveld out soon.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Can they please look at the speedo 91mph, "He isn't quick but has guile" :rolleyes: He's bloody express.

I sent them an e-mail regarding that comment from Holding, and look what happens, his next over and they discuss his express pace =D. Would have liked a namedrop though :p.

Looks to be offering the seamers something up top, will probably flatten out after about 20 overs though, can't see it doing the same when Essex come to bat. Essex have a fantastic batting line-up as well, with Gallian, Pettini, Cook, Bopara, Flower, Napier, Ten Doeschate, Foster, brilliant batting line-up. Come on Essex :D

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I sent them an e-mail regarding that comment from Holding,

I doubt you are the only one. I truly reckon that Holding couldn't have bowled much quicker than Napier is at the moment. Very good accuracy too.

Napier for ODI bowling spot?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I doubt he'll get in on his bowling alone, but mix that with his big hitting and I'd certainly choose him over Dimi Mascheranas, and an injury to Luke Wright could give him a chance. He should definitely be in the Twenty20 squad though.

Sureshot

Executive member
I did find it funny when Willis was suggesting that Foster should stand up to Napier, who was averaging 88-89!

.Mob

International Coach
Rob Key was absolutely fuming at the end, haha, but who could blame the poor guy.

Sureshot

Executive member
His batting form this year has been quite poor, and given he plays half of his matches at Guildford. He is an excellent keeper, but his batting won't solve any problems within the side.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
His batting form this year has been quite poor, and given he plays half of his matches at Guildford. He is an excellent keeper, but his batting won't solve any problems within the side.
No wonder he can't get in the team, if he can't even go to the right ground! :p

Sureshot

Executive member
He's got a rubbish SatNav, that's for sure!

I meant Chelmsford, obviously...

Users who are viewing this thread