FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol only :p

I have to rest players this week because their fitness is starting to drop after just one week

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally gotten' back into this game. Should've listened to all those emails that said my account would've been deleted if I didn't log in. So I'm starting of fresh now. All that hard work gone now :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
████. I don't know where to put my 16 yo keeper.

Should I rest Mol and just play him in OD and T20 matches?

Well here is my lineup. I need to drop one of my 6 batsman (Top 7 not including Moxly)

1. Mol (wk) - 17 yo Capable/Reasonable batsman - Ordinary keeping
2. Salah - 18 yo Capable/Reasonable batsman
3. Khan - 19 yo Reliable/Capable batsman
4. Young (c) - 17 yo Reasonable/Reasonable batsman - Reliable captaincy
5. Mijnke - 19 yo Reliable/Reasonable batsman
6. Moxly - 19 yo Capable/Reasonable batsman (Bowler)
7. Omara - 16 yo Reasonable/Average batsman
8-11: Yousif (All-Rounder) + 3 bowlers

I'm thinking either drop Salah, then play:

1. Mol
2. Moxly^
3. Khan
4. Omara
5. Mijnke
6. Young*
7. Yousif^
8. van der Hoevin+ (My 16 yo keeper)
9. Bol
10. Healy
11. Reshma

Or 2 other alternatives: Drop Mol, then play:

1. van der Hoevin+
2. Salah
3. Khan
4. Young*
5. Mijnke
6. Moxly^
7. Omara
8. Yousif^
9-11: Bowlers

Drop Omara to play only T20 and SOD and play:

1. Mol
2. Salah
3. Khan
4. Young*
5. Mijnke
6. Moxly^
7. Yousif^
8. van der Hoevin+
9-11: Bowlers

Or whatever other people suggest

hedger_14 added 15 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Ok. This will be my default lineup for a home match (flat pitch)

default_youth_lineup.jpg

vKram

School Cricketer
Andrew Moxly should be at 4-5th position. He has FINISHER talent and he can bowl. If you put him at top order he will be more tired. And still you want to put him at top order, you can play him at 3-4th position. This is the suggestion for this all-rounder.

Train MOL as only batsman. He has gifted(fielding) so It will be nice to train his fielding and batting. His keeping skill just ordinary. So Train your 16yo keeper as keeper and MOL as batsman. van der Hoeven has average keeping and till 19 he will be better keeper and batsman. Also playing him regularly boost his experience, too. And van der Hoeven is better at no.6-7. Don't try to open him now...

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I'm not training Mol as a keeper :facepalm

He was my best keeper beforehand so I had him as my keeper. Didn't mean I was training him on it.

And yeah, forgot about Moxly's finisher talent. Only thought he had the OBB talent so I'll put him at 4 with Omara as my opener.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Any reason why you've set almost all your bowling spells on defensive? Are you just trying to keep the runs at bay without worrying about how many wickets you take?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Playing on flat pitches so it's doubtful that I'll be able to take 10 wickets so I may as well try and stop the runs from coming. Definately different tactics away from home though.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Won my pavilion cup match comfortably. Scored 484/2. Christopher the freak top scored with 176. Kris caterer scored a hundred as well on his first game as opener. Then cameos from lydamore and my keeper. In the bowling, Powers took another 5 fer.
Finally found a balance between wages and weekly income. I had to sell a lot of players but i still have my best team and earning 30k a week. :p
expanding the ground as last few games were house full

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Selection dilemma at yankees.At what position should i play Lydamore? His strike rate and averages are a lot better then other batsmans but i can't play him in top 3 as Kris and David are best openers in the team. Thus David would open from next game. Christopher would take number 3 due to his excellent form. Then I have Mark, levi and lydamore competing for number 4. Mark got more power and so does levi. Playing them early would step up the run rate but playing lydamore too late would waste the sturdy talent and also the high endurance level.Choosing the bowling line up is no problem.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I'd say the Sturdy talent would be best used at the top of the order, preferably 3. I wouldn't have his talent wasted at 5 unless you are playing ████ teams and it doesn't matter who you are playing and will win easily.

Users who are viewing this thread