FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I beat WORLD CHAMPIONS by 4 runs!
What a match! T20 at it's finest-I thought we were going towards a bowlout!
I was 38-6, and some guy managed to scrape up 74 batting with the tail. Uthappa-like :)
Ended up with a decent score of 154-7 off the twenty.

They got to 150. The middle order guys didn't accelerate for some reason. Must've been my team's awesome bowling :p
For once it wasn't one of my three spinners doing the job. My frontline fast bowlers picked up early wickets, and had a reasonable economy of 6ish.
Great game, dude!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm probably gonna lose our youth game, I just promoted my 16 YO Wrist Spinner to my senior squad. So, congrats :p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I don't like the FTP engine.
By now I've played dozens of games, but I can find no pattern to how my player will perform. I really can't. One day my bowlers will bowl out a side for 180, and the other day they are conceding 355. Equal lineups too. My bats will hit blazing fifties on normal but crawl to 20 off 40 on agressive, and will score 180 in a T20, and be 90/6 in a OD the next day. The engine seems to flukey, needs a lot of work. Agressive, Normal, Defensive, they don't seem to work. The Match engine is very off. I just set my best XI now, change some agression settings even though I am dubious on how they work, and am just considering myself lucky that I'm winning my league games and just losing friendlies.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I don't like the FTP engine.
By now I've played dozens of games, but I can find no pattern to how my player will perform. I really can't. One day my bowlers will bowl out a side for 180, and the other day they are conceding 355. Equal lineups too. My bats will hit blazing fifties on normal but crawl to 20 off 40 on agressive, and will score 180 in a T20, and be 90/6 in a OD the next day. The engine seems to flukey, needs a lot of work. Agressive, Normal, Defensive, they don't seem to work. The Match engine is very off. I just set my best XI now, change some agression settings even though I am dubious on how they work, and am just considering myself lucky that I'm winning my league games and just losing friendlies.

My batsman all perform consistently based on there form.
My opening 'keeper has hit 2 centuries and an 85. My bowling has been alright too.
But, my lowerorder/tailend batters are so flukey. Like against the Falcons I was like 240/8 and my number 10 came in and hit a blazing 75. Today, he got 4 in about 60 balls.
I do, however, like the interface much more then battrick.

Oh and btw, I beat you Zohaib! :D

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
This game is much more boring that battrick
dunno why. But I dont find it as interesting or addictive.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Because it is new. That is my opioion. Battrick is still alot better though

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
My batsman all perform consistently based on there form.
My opening 'keeper has hit 2 centuries and an 85. My bowling has been alright too.
But, my lowerorder/tailend batters are so flukey. Like against the Falcons I was like 240/8 and my number 10 came in and hit a blazing 75. Today, he got 4 in about 60 balls.
I do, however, like the interface much more then battrick.

Oh and btw, I beat you Zohaib! :D

Yeah, that score was far too much for me to chase down.

I just tied my first game today! :D

239. Needed 3 from the last over from my last pair and the tailender could only get 2. :(

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I won my Senior OD game by 7 wickets. Took me 49 overs to chase down 329 runs to win, both openers getting tons. Hard Pitch and Overcast weather.

I just don't get this...

BT is way better IMO. This has potential, but needs to tighten up the engine first. Has anyone noticed tailenders do most of the work? I've had like 8 innings where tailenders (from either side) have taken their team from 100 odd for 6/7 down to 250+. It is insane, my number 10 scored a fifty recently!

Briggsey

International Coach
BT is way better IMO. This has potential, but needs to tighten up the engine first. Has anyone noticed tailenders do most of the work? I've had like 8 innings where tailenders (from either side) have taken their team from 100 odd for 6/7 down to 250+. It is insane, my number 10 scored a fifty recently!
In my most recent game I was chasing 290 and fell to 169-9 with an ordinary batsman at the crease accompanied by the number 11 dreadful bat. We won with 3.2 overs to spare with the number 11 scoring 49! So I know exactly what your saying! and its not the first time for me either.

Users who are viewing this thread