Geforce error - Geforce 4 error half fix

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys,
for what I read I'll not the only one who is having trouble running Cricket 2002 with a Geforce 4 video card.
Well I haven't found a full fix but this will let you play again.

Goto the control panel - settings - display
Click on the advanced tab then select the geforce tab at top
Then click on 3D Antialiasing setting tab and
set ANTIALIASING filtering to 2. (manual setting)
Now go to Direct3D setting tab and move the
slide bar for texture Anisotropic onto 2
Click apply.
I tried this with with NVIDIA Detonator Drivers 41.09 and it sort of worked, it fixed the error of not being able to see anything in the menu where you exit a match, but it will still restart.
I am now running it with the NVIDIA Detonator Drivers 29.42 and start a match (I'll only tried it 10 times) but it will restart if you exit a match then try to reload.
(you might not have to adjust your ANTIALIASING setting when you use this driver ver. don't know yet)

I'll hoping that some of you can try this out too and see if it work for you.
have play with the setting and let me now.
hope this has helped.
and hopefully someone will write a full patch soon, EA Sports???

aussieboy

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
Yeah! It worked perfect for me on my geforce 4 ti 4600 (det. 41.09) running windows xp. And i haven't faced any restart too. Thankyou aussieboy22 !Great

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
Thanks Kar_ind,
try the new det. 41.09 drivers and not one lockup/restart in two days(using my above settings).

So hopefully all you ppl with Geforce 4 cards and now play this great game. Just use my settings above with the det. 41.09, (as Kar_ind kindy tested) and you should have no probems.
:cool:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yes aussieboy

I recently bought a new computer (XP, Geforce 4 MX 420) and I had reboot problems galore.

I used the 41.09 driver and Anisotropic setting set to 2 etc and I have had no problems. No reboots, stuff ups, or menu problems.

Thanks

Edited By zimrahil on 1044886638

Maccas

School Cricketer
Where can I find the Direct 3d settings??
I have done everything else but I cant find that, I am on windows XP if that helps. The game was running but it froze in the menu when I quit my one day match, so im guessing the direct3D thing stops this from happening, any help is gladly appreciated

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
Hi Maccas,
To get to the Dircect 3D setting go into right click on a black part of the desktop (the main windows screen) and you will get a drop down menu, select Properties and the bottom.
This will bring up and screen saying "Display Properies" that will have some tabs alone the top, this is no set no. of tabs but one of them will say "settings" click on this one and down the bottom on the window you will see two buttons, "Troubleshoot" and "Advanced" click advanced.
This will bring up another screen with some more tabs alone the top.
they change with the driver ver your are running, my list the name of my video card "GeForce4MX 440SE with AGP8X".
your should have your card name.
click on it.
Your should be able to find find the Direct 3D setting in there.
can't say where as your might not be the same as mine.
mine is on the side.

Hope this has help, if not I'll sure someone else will be able to tell you where what to do better then me.
aussieboy22.

:cool:

Maccas

School Cricketer
Thanks for that Aussie Boy
I changed something in there to 2 haha, lets hope it was the right thing, it was on a sliding bar so I think thats right, if it doesnt work I will post another reply, if not it means its working and im winning the world cup :D anyhoo thanks for that Aussie Boy, you are a champ

Maccas

School Cricketer
Hmmm still not working
ill try reading your instructions again, I might ask my bro he might know how to change it, if anyone else has any ideas could you please post them??
I already tried reinstalling the game

Maccas

School Cricketer
Thanks for that I found that thing after reading your instructions properly, thanks for that, now all i need to do is win haha

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
Hi Maccas,
glad to hear you got it working mate, it's a great game to play. Bet of luck and have fun winnering the world cup.

aussieboy

Edited By aussieboy22 on 1045728561

Users who are viewing this thread